Used 2005 Honda Element Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Honda Element - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Element model:

Details are not as good as other Honda
By Daniel

2005 Honda Element LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Found the car to be fun to drive but the ride is choppy. The finish is not as good as other Honda models, i.e. rough plastic edge under the steering wheel bothers my fingers, The plastic panels are also seem to be made of weak / thin materials.

Drive it You'll Buy It
By Vishnu

2005 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Super roomy (I'm 6'4") and super quick to reconfigure the interior. Great 5 sp and good in midwest snow. Great A/C, Great stock stereo, I've had stereo shops question why I'd want to upgrade. Styling grows on you like a funky lovable dog (to know it is to love it). Not quick like my SRT-4 (of course) but plenty fast on the highway. Lotta business trips to KC in the 80s-90s.

Headroom, A/C, Stereo, Sidedoors, huge cargo load with a small exterior footprint.

My beach buggy
By Donald Wildes

2005 Honda Element LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Great beach vehicle and for going antiquing. Plenty of room and love the adjustable back seat configurations.

The versitility of the inside. We go surfing and to garage and antique sale. Makes it easy to carry a lot.

Front seats could be made more comfortable for driver and passenger on long trips.

Love my baby
By momofalot

2005 Honda Element LX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We got this car last week and I am totally in love with it. It is very comfortable with loads of room. As an older driver with older friends it was important to have easy access to rear seating and room to stretch out when in the rear. This car has it all including reclining seats front & rear. The only fault I have found so far is the "sun roof" in the rear which is really only a removeable rooftop window. (why??) I am told it should not be in the open position when driving as it might come off. The only use I see for this is more light in the rear section, so why have it removeable? Other than that almost insignificant fault, I think this is a great vehicle, both fun and utilitarian.

So much leg room and easy access in rear seats and easy to latch up rear seats for even more space (enough to sleep in on air matress! Also fully reclining seats which when front and rear are lined up right resemble reclining chaise. Nap time for oldsters hahaha

My car came with CD player installed which is great for music, but as an avid talking book listener I have to have a tape deck installed. Maybe car should come with both?

Element after 43,000 Miles
By Paul Christie

2005 Honda Element EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I love my Element except for one nagging problem. My doors have a bad rattle in them that causes everyone who rides in it to think they aren't closed completely. I took it to the dealer while it was still under warrenty to have it fixed and they had to replace the door latches. The rattles continued. I will probably take it back again. A coworker has an Element and she says she has the same problem.

Versatility in hauling people or things. Great turning radius. Good visibility in all directions. Great headroom for my extremly tall friends. Excellent stereo (to drown out the door rattles). Lots of dashboard cubbyholes.

Passenger side arm rest. Automatic locks for both sides.