2005 Honda Element SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Element model:
Fun, fun, fun!
By lroberts on 03/24/05 14:38 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Element SUV LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My last vehicle was a Honda minivan which was an excellent vehicle also. The Element is much more fun to drive and more kid friendly with it's waterproof interior. As with all Honda products the quality of the engine and overall handling are wonderful. Would recommend this vehicle to any age driver!

I like it!
By opppstopp on 03/24/05 08:10 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Element SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I find the element a very fun suv to drive. it handles nice & gets reasonable gas mileage. Interior is very roomy, plenty of shoulder & head room. The element feels like a much larger vehicle without the large mass.

Honda Element, Fun, Inexpensive, Roomy
By poohhbearr on 03/18/05 23:34 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Element SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

It's a fun little SUV. A lot of extra space.

BEST CAR EVER
By DESERT TRAVLER on 03/18/05 21:39 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Element SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I am a baby boomer with on the go lifestyle; this car does it all, comfort very functional ez-driver great inside space. Good light use for off road. Gets the looks from others, makes a statement--last month used it like a truck hauling stone tools bricks sand. Ran like a champ even with load. Have also camped in it. Works well for a night or 2 enough room for all the gear and you can sleep in (but cramped) I have had cars that were twice the costs and they weren't as good when comparing overall use. This car is a winner, and probably a classic in it's own right, no disappointment here--

The Element: So Ugly, It is CUTE!
By Dean on 03/18/05 19:32 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Element SUV LX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

It runs well, and gets over 21mpg REAL mileage, in the city and mountain driving. TALL PEOPLE ALERT! More important to me, it has enough headroom -- I am 6'5". I cannot safely sit in and drive most cars. The element is a joy to drive. Big rear door and tailgate, removable moon roof, and big side doors with no post are really great! Great power with good mileage. Only has two rear seats, but they fold up and come out easily for major loads and camping. I love it! I have had Isuzu Trooper and Suzuki Sidekick and other cars, but I really like this and recommend it. I have received (jealous) jokes about it being a delivery truck, but it is so ugly, it is cute!

element by Honda
By kay on 03/11/05 20:13 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Element SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Love this vehicle...however the one thing that does scare me is the back doors that do not open unless the front ones are opened. Love the "feel" that this car gives when driving. I may suggest that the lack of carpeted mats may be a drawback for people that are not sports orientated or wish to "hose" out the car!! Felt that the carpet mats should have been included and not as a charge of $300 something.

Fun to Drive
By BobD on 03/11/05 18:28 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Element SUV EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my Element for 9 months and I love it. It is a blast to drive, it reminds me of the VW "Bugs" from the early 70's. It averages about 24 mpg as long as I keep my foot out of it. I use it as my commute car and have had to deal with its share of snow, ice mud and rain and the Element always handled it predictably. At highway speeds the Element tracks extremely well so long driving times and not too tiring. The shift is in a perfect position although it looks like it would be a long reach. I would buy another one in a second and I enjoy all the comments it brings, people either love of hate the looks. My daughter and I love it and my wife hates the looks, but she enjoys driving it.

Best of the best in this catagory
By paul on 03/09/05 05:20 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Element SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Fun to drive, for 4 cyl. goes like hell, great in snow, easy to park, turns on a dime - can not say enough good about it.

Elementary
By sstein on 03/08/05 22:46 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Element SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The Element is not for the pretentious, or luxury driven, but if utility, reliabilty and flexibility in use mean anything to you, then the Element will give you much more than you expect. Handling is surprisingly good, as is acceleration. And, on the open road, the engine actually responds at high speeds. As far as the interior flexibility, awesome.

chev tahoe to honda element
By bill on 03/05/05 23:17 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Element SUV EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

If you want to own an suv with low cost then this is for you, I have driven for five years a 2000 chev tahoe and this element delivers room plus!! All the room inside without cost! My tahoe had all the bells and whistles but the element delivers!! The only negative is with the 285hp in the tahoe I could just pass or pull out without pause whereas the element is slow but on open highway it is the same. but one thing to remember is getting in out if you have children, mine are grown so it is a pain to the sucide doors, I just wish I bought the element five years ago. I do miss the sitting up higher in the tahoe but the element can move in and out of traffic easy.