Used 2005 Honda Element SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Honda Element - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Element model:

Most Helpful|
The best
By ever

2005 Honda Element SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I love this "truck." If I could get another, I would. Whenever I go camping, mountain biking, or even just to drive around, it is an awesome piece of machinery.

Favorite Features

The removable rear seats.

Suggested Improvements

More aerodynamacy.

Practical, Reliable & Fuel Efficient
By hElement

2005 Honda Element SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This has to be one of the strangest automobile purchases I've ever made. It took me 2 years to get used to the funky looks to even give one a look through and upon that I bought it on impluse (my Mazda was having a lot of problems and warranty was about to expire at 36k). This mini/suv drives just like a car and can be tossed into turns for fun, but can go off road and get through some real 4x4 trails (nothing extreme) without getting stuck.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage, Quality, Reliability, XM Radio especially for camping, handling like a car, 4x4 capability without fear of rolling over like in most suvs.

Suggested Improvements

I'd really like Honda to put in a usb port for a thumb drive for mp3s. I work in high tech so often use them to bring music to me at work and home (they are much smaller and tougher than iPods which break if you don't take care of them)

An offroad interlude
By rob

2005 Honda Element SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my E as a conscession to my then partner. I was pleasantly surprised at what it could do off the beaten path. I am also disappointed in what it lacks in power, towing ability and traction ""out of the box"".

Favorite Features

Love the boxy body and the amount of stuff that can be jammed in the back like 18, 40# bags of sand. Not much suspension room left, but we got 'er done!

Suggested Improvements

More horsepower. Please toughen up the suspension so I can pull more weight; say a medium size boat or trailer/load or a camper that weighs greater than 1500 lbs. thanks

2005 Honda element best vehicle ever..
By HondaBaxter

2005 Honda Element SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This vehicle drives so smooth for an SUV, it handles so well around turns. This is the best vehicle I have ever owned. It is so good on gas to have all the room it has.

Favorite Features

AWD, Wheels, Great A/C, the room inside.

Suggested Improvements

Honda did a great job on this one. Keep up the good work.

Great Car--Good Cross Country Driver
By Rodster

2005 Honda Element SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The Honda Element, while not considered the most stylish box by some, makes up for its styling faults in practicality, ease of operation, space, fuel economy, reliability, etc. The only problem I've had was with the ABS braking system. If the module fails, you run on standard brakes and to turn off the indicator light it will cost $1300 for a module. Nonsense. Run without it. Otherwise I'd buy another Element in a minute. It grows on you and others who get a chance to drive it on extended trips. The floor cleans up easily, the sound system works well, all controls can be read without problems and air conditioning and heating respond well in all weather.

Favorite Features

Ease in loading, reliability, price, comfort even in the back seat as a passenger, space--runs on cheap gas as well as any car. The engine is smooth and quiet. A great SUV for the money.

Suggested Improvements

ABS module price--put in better exhaust and air intake system for the engine and Voila.