Used 2005 Honda Element SUV Consumer Reviews - 298 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Honda Element SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Element model:

Best all around vehicle I've owned
By David George

2005 Honda Element SUV EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

You can take a long trip in this car and not feel completely wrecked when you arrive. Very comfortable ride and tons of passenger space. Limo room, turn on a dime, and short enough to parallel park anywhere! Use the cruise control though; it feels like 50 mph when you're doing 70 mph or better. I have a Honda DelSol which feels like I'm wearing it when I'm driving; the Element is the same length and feels like you're in your living room. I can't say enough. Also 25mpg from day one!

Chair height seating and the ability to configure the seats into a bed are tops on my list. This is my long distance hauler.

Continue the plastic cladding across both doors, joining the front and rear fender lines.

Excellent, a car for everyone!
By Silly boy

2005 Honda Element SUV LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love this Element! I would buy this SUV again. The gas mileage is perfect and the price I was given was just awesome. This suv couldnt get any better! The comfort was superior. Anybody who thought this car was a poor decision to get, well, they thought wrong. I am really glad that Honda came out with an SUV that would put up to many customers standards.

Everything!!

Excellent SUV
By Joseph Lipnickas

2005 Honda Element SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

A versitile SUV. The various ways the seats can be folded or removed makes this truck great. Combines a SUV with a cargo van. Waterproof interior a breeze to clean-just don't aim the hose towards the speakers. Plus Honda's reliabilty. I traded my 1991 Honda Civic with 189,000 miles in for the Element. The Civic was still running great 14 years later but my kids need something bigger.

Looks aren't everything
By stevexjet

2005 Honda Element SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Remeber that girl from high school that everybody liked but didn't want to be seen with? Well the car version of her is the Element. Got one of the review in Car and Driver '04 and simply love it. C & D said it was the most useful car they had in their long term fleet and I can't find fault in their opinion. Hauls the family, dog, bikes and assorted gear like an favorite backpack. With the 5 speed the car is much more fun to drive than the auto 4. Steering is percise and the braking good. Fuel economy could be better but lets face it, the thing has the profile of a cinder block.

The best
By ever

2005 Honda Element SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I love this "truck." If I could get another, I would. Whenever I go camping, mountain biking, or even just to drive around, it is an awesome piece of machinery.

The removable rear seats.

More aerodynamacy.