2005 Honda Element LX SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Honda Element - Consumer Reviews

2005 Element Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Element model:

Sort Reviews by

Small car, big interior
By Graverober

2005 Honda Element SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

OK, everyone who has seen my car can't believe that I bought such a small 'wierd' car. Let me tell you, the element only looks small! I am over 6'1" tall and over 300 pounds, I'm a big boy! I have over 5 in of head room to the roof, and can streach my legs out fully (sliding up just a bit on the seat, but I still can't do that in most cars). Even in the back I have headroom and a fir amount of leg room. The clam shell doors and smooth floor are actualy a benifit for 'semi-disabled' people. my dad is handycaped, but happily sits in the back of my car. he has pleanty of room, and when he needs to get out, he just 'plops' (his words) onto the floor and slides out, he realy loves it!

Favorite Features

Fold up seats in back gives me almost as much cargo spaces as my shortbed truck used to have. clamshell door make it realy easy to put 'rugrat' in/out of car seat. the waterproofing goes without sying with kids! The console mounted gear shifter is great, no more bumping the car out of gear with knee

Suggested Improvements

The windshield is the only real problem I have. it is varry prone to craking. I got a chip in the windshield in less than 24hr's of owning the car. and eventualy had to have it replaced after getting 3 cracks. :(

Baby Landrover
By Element Driver

2005 Honda Element SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We LOVE this auto! No other car had come out that we were so impressed by. From the comfort to the utility for the price. Plus, it is just plain fun to drive. We were amazed at how well built these cars are...not to mention the reliability...it is a Honda! If you are thinking about buying one, do it...you won't regret it.

Favorite Features

The space, comfort, utility, sound system, sunroof, leg room, reliability, peppy pick-up, design, great for pups, fun accessories, safety features, drives like a car, funky design, sitting up higher than others, and much more!

Suggested Improvements

Can't name a one!

My First Car
By Tony Cross

2005 Honda Element SUV EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is my very first car and I am loving this Element. The gas mileage is wonderful and I love the interior design. The easy wipe floor is the best because if I had carpet I would have a big red stain on it because I spilled a strawberry soda. This little truck was a blast when I to Panama City for Spring Break. I only had to fill up this truck three times. One time I just did for the cheap gas price, but the other two times was before I left to go and before I left to come back home.

Favorite Features

I love everything about my Element.

Suggested Improvements

The only thing I don't like about the Element is all of the plastic on the side it is very easy to dent. I only had this truck for two days and I hit the flower pot and now I have a big dent on my back bumber.

The SUV that could.
By Dave

2005 Honda Element SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is a fun vehicle. The salesman told me that they sell most of their Elements to over 40 crowd. I am 50ish.This is a great all round vehicle, that does not have the foul carpet smell from wet snow.

Favorite Features

Sound system and all wheel drive

Suggested Improvements

DVD player

Marys element
By mary Boucher

2005 Honda Element SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The honda element is the best design in a new car I've seen in years. I have a 3 year old that just loves it. My husband and I like to drive it more then our Audi or suburban.

Favorite Features

I love the stick shift on the front dash board. I love the way the seats fold up and out of the way. The stereo is so loud and clear.

Suggested Improvements

It needs a little more clearance.

nothing compares
By Believe

2005 Honda Element SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought our "E" Easter weekend. I can't remember another vehicle that was so unique. My wife traded in a 2003 Odyssey for this box of fun and I have to say that she really has fallen in love with how practical this vehicle is. I've never seen here get excited about any car we have purchased until this one. I'm not one for keeping cars very long but I think this will be a "keeper" for sometime. If you have not driven one ..you need to do so. It is one of the coolest and practical cars out there today. Just drive one.

Favorite Features

Vision out of windows, radio, looks, smoothness of the engine and tranny, seat comfort and support, ride, handling, being able to haul it all, all the nooks and crannies, ease of cleaning, 4wd, convert-a-bed, overhead storage, the fact that it's a Honda and the great resale value of their vehicles.

Suggested Improvements

none

2 Honda Elements
By William Grenoble

2005 Honda Element SUV EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My wife bought a Honda Element AWD EX in July 2004. We pull a 4 Kayak trailer with it, and have a roof rack to haul one additional kayak up top if needed. We have two Golden Retrievers, and a Border Collie . The Element is ideal for boating and hauling dogs. With the plastic floor, clean up is easy. With both doors open on one side, it is simple to stand up on the floor and tie down the boat on top. I was driving an Chevy van, and was due to trade. I liked my wife's Element so much, I went out and bought one for myself. My other hobby is radio control sailplanes, and with the rear seats out, it is simple for me to haul planes and my wife , for a week of flying. 2 Elements are great !

Favorite Features

Rear seats fold out of the way, or come out with one lever. Rear power outlets, front arm rest with storage, Easy to wash the vehicle, and easy to keep the interior clean.

Suggested Improvements

I would like to see a locking drawer under the passenger seat, other than that, I don't need anything, it's a great vehicle as it is.

Honda Element greatest vehicle made!
By Christne

2005 Honda Element SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Besides being the cutest vehicle on the road, it is the most versatile! I am constantly hauling stuff from one place to the other and this vehicle can handle almost everything. The seats are a snap to fold up against the side and the floor is equipped with bungee tiedowns. The back seats are stadium seats, so the rear passengers can see over the front seats. The doors on either side open up opposite each other making a huge opening so you don't have to put items inside in an awkward position. The turning radius of this vehicle is also great. I can flip a u- turn in the tightest spots. For such a small compact vehicle, it sure has a lot of room and really easy to drive.

Favorite Features

All the room. The fold up back seats. The front and passenger door openings. Back stadium seating. Turning radius. Did I say, all the room!!! The plastic floor with tie down hooks. How easy it is to drive. Pretty much everything.

Suggested Improvements

I really can't think of any. It is just the most perfect vehicle out there!

Good Suv
By John

2005 Honda Element SUV EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Overall very good SUV, sold an expedition and have been very happy with the honda. Great interior space and easy to keep clean.

Favorite Features

Inside is easy to keep clean seats can be folded up or taken out. great interior space for people and hauling stuff.

Suggested Improvements

Would like a V6 option and more cargo capacity, 600 lbs is the limit.

You have to Drive it to Like it
By michael riedel

2005 Honda Element SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

It doesn't grab you on it's looks - unless you're the type of driver that likes to set yourself apart even when standing still. The real love comes when you get behind the wheel and drive it. It has very nimble handling, a cavernous interior, versatility par excellence and simply solid quality. It is a bit buzzy on the freeway @ 3800 RPM but other than that, you'll fall in love with the features, mileage, durability and versatility. Great for picnics, shopping, dogs, camping, etc. Love the stadium seating for 2nd row passengers. Great gas mileage. Only wish I had waited until the 2006 models when they will be all body color paint and not the gray plastic body panels.

Favorite Features

Seating comfort, handling, fuel economy. Spunkier with the 5 speed than the 5AT. Love the visibility, but hate the 'suicide doors' in tight parking situations.

Suggested Improvements

None