Used 2005 Honda Element Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Honda Element - Consumer Reviews

2005 Honda Element

View reviews for a specific Element model:

Looks aren't everything
By stevexjet

2005 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Remeber that girl from high school that everybody liked but didn't want to be seen with? Well the car version of her is the Element. Got one of the review in Car and Driver '04 and simply love it. C & D said it was the most useful car they had in their long term fleet and I can't find fault in their opinion. Hauls the family, dog, bikes and assorted gear like an favorite backpack. With the 5 speed the car is much more fun to drive than the auto 4. Steering is percise and the braking good. Fuel economy could be better but lets face it, the thing has the profile of a cinder block.

The best
By ever

2005 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I love this "truck." If I could get another, I would. Whenever I go camping, mountain biking, or even just to drive around, it is an awesome piece of machinery.

Favorite Features

The removable rear seats.

Suggested Improvements

More aerodynamacy.

honda element ex 5sp awd practical
By viking

2005 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

a practical auto with good ride and handling characteristics. Performance just ok but fine for a vehicle of this type. gas mileage not great but liveable. Concerned about high rpm. My saab at 70mph operated at 2700, the element at 3700. Should have a 6th gear which would also increase gas mileage.

Favorite Features

versitility

Suggested Improvements

6th gear plus front sunroof plus one foot longer for cargo space.

Mila and Daniel's Element
By Mila Brothers

2005 Honda Element EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This car is sooo much fun. We love the variety we have with the seat configurations. It's great for our two dogs because you can practically hose out the interior. The seat, dash and floor can be cleaned with a damp cloth. The only things we would change would be the center console could be higher and it could seat more than four passengers. Otherwise it's a great, durable, fun SUV!

Favorite Features

XM Radio. High gear shift. Keyless entry. Seven speaker stereo. Unique exterior design. Fold down flat seats.

Suggested Improvements

Turn the center speaker by the console into a trash can. Put center console higher. More seating.

In my element
By J. Hubartt

2005 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned 7 Hondas in my life and this one is the most fun.Lots of room inside, sound system kicks you know what. My two large dogs love it, its amazing how much stuff will fit in it.

Favorite Features

Interior is very durable and easy to clean,sound system with sub rocks. Goes thru snow effortlessly.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage could be greatly improved with another gear(six speed)-22mpg. Offer single color models. 18 inch wheels as an option would be nice (something cool)