2005 Honda Element - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Element model:
I love my Element!
By Sami on 04/14/10 14:12 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Element EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased an Element after seeing how the rear seats function. The best part for us was the fact they could be removed. I purchased this vehicle entirely for my dogs, because we're constantly on the road with them for dog-related activities. The person who reviewed the Element poorly, who also purchased it for their dogs, obviously didn't tie anything down. I put a big dog bed right behind the front seats, can stow up to 6 folding kennels against one side of the vehicle (there are tons of places to use bungee straps in this SUV!), an ice chest, folding chairs, luggage, etc. More than enough room for 2 adults and 3 big dogs. You just have to use your head when it comes to maximizing space!

The Element is just OK
By rubio1010 on 06/16/09 05:35 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Element EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car for my dogs. I bought it for all of my activities. It's just OK. Driving is fine, not fun, just fine. Take every turn slowly as stuff slides back and forth over the entire plastic interior easily. This is not a "Dog Car." The rocking back and forth and sliding makes them car sick. Cleaning is not nearly as easy as it sounds. "Hosing it out" is not an option. Comfort? On short drives, less than 100 miles, it's ok. Anything longer and the plastic seats get stiff and sticky. I've had two windshields replaced from highway pebbles. That's annoying. The two reverse doors are awkward for passengers in the rear, and getting in and out of the back seats is very awkward.

I'm a fan for life
By E. Hall on 10/16/07 09:14 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Element EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The Element is a dream for tall people! I've more head room than any other vehicle I've every been in. Safety wise I give it outstanding marks. I was rear ended by a Chevy Tahoe doing 90mph+, I was driving 50 mph, and walked away without a scratch or bump. Also a dream for someone with shedding dogs. The Element cleans very easily.

I love toast!!
By lstallberg on 09/26/07 15:08 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Element EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is without a doubt the coolest vehicle I have ever owned!! I had not even seen the inside of one until the day I bought it. I bought the 2nd one I drove. It has a ton of room, great response for a 4 cyl engine, and a lot of cool features.

My 5th and best Honda
By Sold on Honda on 11/29/06 06:19 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Element EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The Honda Element is functional and great to drive. With XM radio, I have lots of music choices, too. I've hauled furniture and boxes and taken people on sightseeing rides in the area. Great visibility for all, since the back seat is raised. Enough power and stability for me, too. And only 6 inches wider than my last Honda Civic. I especially like the molded pieces on the front and back fenders. Gas mileage is okay for a heavy vehicle. I traded in my 2000 Honda Civic Coupe and find the Element seating to be more comfortable. Good maneuverability.

Perfect
By katy7964 on 08/24/06 10:51 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Element EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This vehicle is fabulous! The interior design is great. Despite only seating 4 it holds a ton and is roomy due to the design and flexibility of moving seats etc. It has a tiny turn radius, better than my previous coupe! I have the 5 speed and get really good gas mileage.

Flying Toaster on Wheels
By Flying Toaster on 08/11/06 17:32 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Element EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Make sure you test drive this car before you buy! If you haullot's it's perfect. If for sheer driving pleasure, don't! The stock Wranler tires do a GREAT disservice to the car. The plastic in the car scratches EASY. You have to pamper what you put in or it WILL tear up. Gas mileage with K&N air filter is 24- 25 hwy and 21-22 city. Highway noise comes thru the cabin and the Wrangler tires don't help. Near 90-degree windshield catches rocks, bug etc that would bounce of more streamlined windshield. Engine in very adequate. For lot's of cabin space, there seems to be little of for actual driver accessible storage, unless you put stuff on segmented dash-tray. Oil filter crammed in.

This element rocks
By mac on 05/12/06 19:44 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Element EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've driven this car hard for 25 k in year with not a single part to break or malfunction. I've hauled a 16 foot touring kayak inside the car to and from the beach. Interior is awesome for space. Great stereo with xm satellite radio. My ten year old son loves it "because I get a lot of fun out of it." He likes to fold the seats back all the way flat.

Awesome
By Rich Love on 04/15/06 17:34 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Element EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The Element is near perfect for my needs. All four seats lay back (flat). The rear seats fold up to the side for open storeage. If that does not make enough room, the rear seats can be removed within two minutes. Also I have not seen so much rear seat leg room since the 1940s. I like having a tailgate too.

The best car I have ever had !
By Neal on 04/10/06 06:45 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Element EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We got this car over a year age and its been a great car, Lots of headroom and legroom and really fun to own and drive. Everybody that looks at it wants to testdrive one and asks lots of questions. It has plenty of power and great looks too. We own a Pilot and the Element and love them both. I would never buy anything else but Honda.