2005 Honda Element - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Element model:
2005 Element LX-M
By Rick on 10/10/06 19:35 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Element LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Amazing room, great versatility, lacking in some pick up speed. Miles per gallon could be better. Reliability is bullet-proof, day in day out. Comfort, ride, superior build quality. Easily a 10.

Happy with my element!
By Douglas Bomzer on 08/31/06 10:08 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Element LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Such a great truck, its like a toy! I love my element so much, just take one for a test drive an di promise you will understand how much I love mine. Roomy, versatile, great handling, a pleasure to drive and all my friends love to go aorund town in it!

I love my box!
By Jeff on 08/18/06 14:05 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Element LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Although some of my friends think its ugly, I think it is awesome. The design is love it or hate it, but the utility of this vehicle has no comparison. We take it surfing, to Home Depot, to the clubs, to the grocery store, and even on some road trips.

I Love My Element
By Ask Him on 07/26/06 18:22 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Element LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Fun to drive, easy to handle, great turning. I took my Element to the mountains last winter. No problems climbing those steep hilly roads with ice and wind.

Not your average SUV
By Thomas on 12/10/05 11:50 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Element LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Not your average SUV. The Element is EXACTLY what a SUV should be .... versital, functional, and of course fun to drive. What more could one ask ?? And of course it is a HONDA !! Seeing that my first Honda, a 1990 CRX is still on the road that is saying quite a bit.

Honda Reliability
By mascolt on 12/05/05 08:38 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Element LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The Element is definately misleading at first glance. Once you are inside the vehicle, you forget that you are driving this boxy, compact SUV. The ride is extremely comfortable and, being 8" shorter than a Civic, one can park anywhere with ease. The AWD has been perfect in the ice and snow of hilly Connecticut. The special material used for the seats and floor is easy to clean and doesn't absorb odors or spills. The one downside is that the fuel economy and could be a little better. It is still excellent with a 22.5 mpg, but, if Honda can get it up to 30, it would be perfect. On the flipside, I'd like to see a model wit increased hp, even though 2006's is slightly decreased.

Owner and lover
By stan bost on 10/19/05 10:43 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Element LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car. It has orignal ideas, great visiabilty, good fuel mileage, and is very easy to get in to and out of. I would have put lights in the cruise control buttons on the steering wheel. The price of the add on options like side steps and mud guards and other items is way too high. Also I would make the sun roof in the back a slide back not a lift out so it could be used while driving

Missed your target market by a mile!
By Barb on 09/21/05 15:43 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Element LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned lots of cars, from sports cars to Suburbans to pickup trucks. This is the best! I am an older woman with dogs and an active lifestyle. My husband and I are also King-Sized people and the dogs are Golden Retrievers. We go to dog shows, we drove back and forth to Florida twice, we even go offroad! This car is fabulous AND comfortable. And my i-Pod fits right into it with awesome sound from the sub-woofer. The car is fantastic on our steep driveway in NY for the winters, and great on the sandy beaches. And it is so easily cleaned --- no dog hairs! I think the design is funky and I just love it.

Excellent, a car for everyone!
By Silly boy on 09/19/05 19:40 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Element LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love this Element! I would buy this SUV again. The gas mileage is perfect and the price I was given was just awesome. This suv couldnt get any better! The comfort was superior. Anybody who thought this car was a poor decision to get, well, they thought wrong. I am really glad that Honda came out with an SUV that would put up to many customers standards.

LOVE IT!
By Mike on 08/19/05 09:52 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Element LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Got my Element last Saturday and love it! Had a 98 Odyssey with 181k miles on it and decided the Element was the way to go. Lots of room - easy to drive - hadn't driven a stick in 30 years and after 1 week it's almost like driving an automatic (and I live in Chicago). My only regret is that I didn't buy it sooner.