Used 2005 Honda Element LX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Honda Element - Consumer Reviews

2005 Honda Element

View reviews for a specific Element model:

2005 Element LX-M
By Rick

2005 Honda Element LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Amazing room, great versatility, lacking in some pick up speed. Miles per gallon could be better. Reliability is bullet-proof, day in day out. Comfort, ride, superior build quality. Easily a 10.

Favorite Features

The comfort and versatility in seating/cargo space configurations.

Suggested Improvements

Please offer center console or driver armrest with manual gear shift!!!!

Happy with my element!
By Douglas Bomzer

2005 Honda Element LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Such a great truck, its like a toy! I love my element so much, just take one for a test drive an di promise you will understand how much I love mine. Roomy, versatile, great handling, a pleasure to drive and all my friends love to go aorund town in it!

Favorite Features

Roomy, comfortable, great stereo, xm radio, all seats recline, stadium seating in the back, too bad I always driving.

Suggested Improvements

Center console!

I love my box!
By Jeff

2005 Honda Element LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Although some of my friends think its ugly, I think it is awesome. The design is love it or hate it, but the utility of this vehicle has no comparison. We take it surfing, to Home Depot, to the clubs, to the grocery store, and even on some road trips.

Favorite Features

The back seat is enormous! People are shocked when they realize how much leg room this thing has! I also appreciate the drop down tailgate. Very handy when loading items in the back.

Suggested Improvements

Move the seat belts off the doors and integate them into the seats. Honda has corrected this issue for 2007.

I Love My Element
By Ask Him

2005 Honda Element LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Fun to drive, easy to handle, great turning. I took my Element to the mountains last winter. No problems climbing those steep hilly roads with ice and wind.

Favorite Features

Easy to keep clean, seats never get dirty, no carpets to worry about, seats move to whatever you need. Great car! Great windows too! (Big) Stadium seating in the back seat. Lots of room. Lots of neat places to put things.

Suggested Improvements

None.

Not your average SUV
By Thomas

2005 Honda Element LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Not your average SUV. The Element is EXACTLY what a SUV should be .... versital, functional, and of course fun to drive. What more could one ask ?? And of course it is a HONDA !! Seeing that my first Honda, a 1990 CRX is still on the road that is saying quite a bit.

Favorite Features

The layout of the instrument panel and the Gear Shift are Excellent. Took a little getting used to with the 5 speed trans.

Suggested Improvements

The transmission is geared a bit too low, you can be in 3rd gear before clearing an intersection. This of course would benifit an off road vehicle. But with a relatively low ground clearance, I suspect very few Elements find themselves knee deep in mud.