Used 2004 Honda Element Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Honda Element - Consumer Reviews

2004 Honda Element

View reviews for a specific Element model:

Like driving a go-cart
By cleanqueen

2004 Honda Element EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This car is so fun to drive! I got a manual transmission which makes it even more fun to drive! I find that with the stick, it has more pep than an automatic transmission. Since the car has no carpet, it's great for hauling my dog who sheds around in it. It has a tremendous amount of knee room in the back even for tall people. I would definitely recommend this car to anyone who wants an affordable SUV style car that has a lot of room in it without paying big bucks!

Favorite Features

Stick shift on the dash, leg room in back.

Suggested Improvements

Roll down windows in the back.

Great Vehicle
By Deborah

2004 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We purchased this vehicle about 3 months ago and have taken it on trips non-stop. We were impressed with its ability to be like a truck, you can load and haul pretty much anything in it. Clean up is very easy. Just wipe it clean and you're done. Easy to wash and wax too. Not much to do because the durable plastic exterior part is so easy to wipe down.

Favorite Features

Nice head room. Great handling. We camp in it all the time. We can fit a full size foam mattress in the back with the seats out. Great sound system. Comfortable and easy to clean.

Suggested Improvements

The moon roof flips up, but it would be nice if it could slide open. Gas mileage is about 25, but we wish it was better.

Element Lover!
By CAS

2004 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I am in a wheelchair. I got the Element because the backseats would hang and the back door opened like a van. I could pop my 15 pound wheelchair behind the driver's seat and go.

Favorite Features

There's no carpet. I love the floor covering. It is also the cutest car on the road.

Suggested Improvements

For me with a balance problem, I wish the back doors opened differently.

great vehicle
By howard

2004 Honda Element LX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

the car is so practical. there are so many things that you can do with this car. packing the car with many items is easy. so many other cars are not practical, just made to look attractive and comfort and interior room count more for the drivers.

Favorite Features

the interior room of the vehicle. i really like the vision because of the height of the car and the windows. people sitting in the back seats can stretch their legs out and look out all the windows with ease. i like to use the word practical as this is the way the vehicle was designed.

Suggested Improvements

sun roof over the front seats.

I love my element!!!!!
By 04 element ex

2004 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I LOVE MY ELEMENT!!!. i traded in my 2000 Nissan Maxima for a 2004 Honda Element EX AWD MT. I love it. Handles like a car. its really fun to drive. Squeals tires from stop and into second. My parents beg me to let them take it. Seats are very comfy, love the Fiji Blue color. I get a lot of comments on the color even when they dont like the car. Very noticeable wind noise around 55+mph. I am averaging 23 mpg which is awesome. Just think its the size of my friends explorer he gets 17 mpg with the v6... Tons of storage. Love the versatility of the seating, my friends all fit very comfortably. The stock sound system is amazing!!! Better than the bose in my maxima. Best car i have ever owned

Favorite Features

Stereo, fun to drive, gas mileage, versatility, seating position, rear moonroof, color, everything

Suggested Improvements

engine sounds like it belongs in a backhoe. annoying for someone who is used to the growl of the maxima motor but not something others would notice.