Used 2004 Honda Element Consumer Reviews - 441 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Honda Element - Consumer Reviews

2004 Honda Element

View reviews for a specific Element model:

Just buy one!
By TUAN

2004 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

i have had mine for just about three years now and have used it for just about everything from camping, snowboarding, moving, and just hauling stuff. Like most folks, I wasn't a fan until I sat inside one. It really is that roomy in there. The seating configurations make it so it can handle just about anything. This car has never given me any problems and is still really fun to drive. Mine was a manual so it drove and handled even more like a car than an suv. The horsepower and torque is exellent for this size car. I still skirt the tires all the time! (this never happened with my 2000 Civic EX)

The interior, the quietness of the engine at idle, the premium stereo with subwoofer, the overall roominess.

The standard Goodyear tires that came with the car and no middle seatbelts\seating for a fifth passenger.

Excellent little motor
By English_Knave

2004 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my E since new, it has never had a single thing go wrong with it. It's a bit noisy and gets a little breathless on the highway, but the mileage is good and the handling is excellent. Incredibly versatile, I have had bicycles, lawnmowers, snowblowers and even a mid-size motorcycle in it. If you want a fun to drive, utilitarian , pickup type vehicle with a good standard of creature comforts this is the vehicle you want. I am still on the original tires . Don't buy the multi player CD player...buy an Ipod instead. I am currently looking to replace it with another E.

Flexibility and awesome reliability

More power, 30 hp would be enough and an electric driver seat with two memories would also be good.

Like driving a go-cart
By cleanqueen

2004 Honda Element EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This car is so fun to drive! I got a manual transmission which makes it even more fun to drive! I find that with the stick, it has more pep than an automatic transmission. Since the car has no carpet, it's great for hauling my dog who sheds around in it. It has a tremendous amount of knee room in the back even for tall people. I would definitely recommend this car to anyone who wants an affordable SUV style car that has a lot of room in it without paying big bucks!

Stick shift on the dash, leg room in back.

Roll down windows in the back.

Great Vehicle
By Deborah

2004 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We purchased this vehicle about 3 months ago and have taken it on trips non-stop. We were impressed with its ability to be like a truck, you can load and haul pretty much anything in it. Clean up is very easy. Just wipe it clean and you're done. Easy to wash and wax too. Not much to do because the durable plastic exterior part is so easy to wipe down.

Nice head room. Great handling. We camp in it all the time. We can fit a full size foam mattress in the back with the seats out. Great sound system. Comfortable and easy to clean.

The moon roof flips up, but it would be nice if it could slide open. Gas mileage is about 25, but we wish it was better.

Element Lover!
By CAS

2004 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I am in a wheelchair. I got the Element because the backseats would hang and the back door opened like a van. I could pop my 15 pound wheelchair behind the driver's seat and go.

There's no carpet. I love the floor covering. It is also the cutest car on the road.

For me with a balance problem, I wish the back doors opened differently.