Used 2004 Honda Element SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Honda Element - Consumer Reviews

2004 Honda Element SUV

View reviews for a specific Element model:

Now in my Element
By rk in tampa bay

2004 Honda Element SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love this vehicle. Just retired my '03 Aztek with 170k & wanted something just as unique with better reliability. Would have preferred the manual shift, but so far the automatic is fine. Lovin' it.

Favorite Features

"Wipe down" interior, "break-away" rear seats, outward visibility, turning radius, solid feel, unique exterior design, & much more.

Suggested Improvements

On board computer (miles to go 'til empty).

Initial Impressions
By Braden

2004 Honda Element SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Just bought a used, but highly cared for 04 Element EX. Only driven it about 400 miles, but overall I love it. Only two things I wish it had; 1) Computer with average MPH, MPG, and miles until out of gas. 2) Five speed automatic like the 07 & 08 models.

Favorite Features

Audio system is so good that I took a break from talk radio (NPR) to listen to music again! Also, like the stiff ride as my 4 month old sleeps forever. My wife really liked being able to recline the rear seat while watching our baby (a feature most vehicle don't have).

Suggested Improvements

The ACC power terminals are such a snug fit that I wasn't pushing the GPS Power adapter in far enough. As a result, I thought the ACC power terminal was dead. Once I figured this out I installed a "dual power" adapter. This allows for two devices and less rigorous pressure...

Nice little car!
By av

2004 Honda Element SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I get between 22-25 mpg, plenty of room in back, like the ability to move seats up for more storage, especially since I traded my truck in, it works nicely on the trips to Home Depot.

Favorite Features

The iPod aux input, subwoofer.

Just buy one!
By TUAN

2004 Honda Element SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

i have had mine for just about three years now and have used it for just about everything from camping, snowboarding, moving, and just hauling stuff. Like most folks, I wasn't a fan until I sat inside one. It really is that roomy in there. The seating configurations make it so it can handle just about anything. This car has never given me any problems and is still really fun to drive. Mine was a manual so it drove and handled even more like a car than an suv. The horsepower and torque is exellent for this size car. I still skirt the tires all the time! (this never happened with my 2000 Civic EX)

Favorite Features

The interior, the quietness of the engine at idle, the premium stereo with subwoofer, the overall roominess.

Suggested Improvements

The standard Goodyear tires that came with the car and no middle seatbelts\seating for a fifth passenger.

Excellent little motor
By English_Knave

2004 Honda Element SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my E since new, it has never had a single thing go wrong with it. It's a bit noisy and gets a little breathless on the highway, but the mileage is good and the handling is excellent. Incredibly versatile, I have had bicycles, lawnmowers, snowblowers and even a mid-size motorcycle in it. If you want a fun to drive, utilitarian , pickup type vehicle with a good standard of creature comforts this is the vehicle you want. I am still on the original tires . Don't buy the multi player CD player...buy an Ipod instead. I am currently looking to replace it with another E.

Favorite Features

Flexibility and awesome reliability

Suggested Improvements

More power, 30 hp would be enough and an electric driver seat with two memories would also be good.