2004 Honda Element SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Element model:
honda element 2004
By Pat Ogden on 12/01/05 19:55 PM (PST)

2004 Honda Element SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love the versatility of the seat configuration. Especially like the washable floor, which is why I bought it. Hate the center console-it just doesn't work. I expected better gas mileage than it gets.

The Black E
By Kraiwut on 10/28/05 14:57 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Element SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have my Element for about 3 months and I love it. Very roomy, smooth drive, and I feel very protected inside.

Fun little truck
By rainEdriver on 10/06/05 00:21 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Element SUV DX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I'm a cheap-skate. I wanted a small, thrifty truck, but it seems nobody makes 'em anymore...so I went with Honda's Element. This thing is a hoot to drive. I'm no racer, so maybe I don't expect too much; but I find this little box hustles. I'd have been happy with less; given ever-rising gas prices, I want even more than the about 29 mpg it's averaged over the first 15,000 miles. I leave my back seats in the garage, and treat it as a 2-seater. No, you can't hose it out, but otherwise it is extremely durable and versatile for light hauling, camping or grocery-getting.

honda element
By torelli1231 on 08/15/05 21:04 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Element SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bouht this for my business. It is wonderful. I am a caterer and we cart all kinds of things including food. we can wash it out and and dry it in no time. handy AWD in the winter. I dove it down south twice this past year. I would buy another one in a second.

Finally bought one!
By Silver Bullet on 07/16/05 21:40 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Element SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've been looking at Elements since they first hit the lots, and I finally bit and found an almost new 2004 EXS AWD offered by a private seller. So far, so good! You either "get" this vehicle or you don't, and I think I do - folks need to have open minds and accept the Element for what it is, and not wish for Honda to make it into something it isn't meant to be. Need to move people? Get a CR-V, Pilot, or Odyssey. If your list includes intriguing design, transportation for one or two people, the ability to carry lots of stuff "indoors", and reliability and decent fuel economy in a vehicle with a small "footprint" - look no further.

Please; Sir May I have Another ???
By Doughboy on 04/17/05 15:58 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Element SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My wife had got hers in march of 2004 it was a 2003 Dx 2wd hold over. I was driving my 2001 gas hog F150 14 mpg in town and 16 highway and it was just killing me in cost to keep it gased up so bye bye to that at $2.00+ per gallon so now after a few months with the ex i had only 1 prob with the cruise button that broke and her 03 dx had to have the drivers seat bracket replaced i was told this (the seat bracket)was a issue with the early models but thats it.

Not the perfect Mommies Car
By Abril on 04/13/05 10:21 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Element SUV EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I thought the E would be perfect for a newborn baby, it is in the sense that if you spill something it wipes right up. The ease of cleaning is my favorite feature. But I hate the suicide doors. If someone parks close to you, it's a dance to get the carrier in the car and not hit the other car with your doors or trap yourself inside. Not that you should be messing with the baby while your driving but I can't even reach his car seat to pat him on the head when he's upset.

Ultimate family vehicle
By Lisa on 04/09/05 20:34 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Element SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I just purchased my Element, the funny thing is I always like the car but my husband was the last person that I expect to like this car, but it was actually his decision to get it. He loved the look, however what was the best thing about this car is the space and flooring. We have 2 kids so this car is perfect and those of you who know your children they like to eat and make there food go every where and when they drink they make sure the share with everything else. So this car was something that would be easy to clean up after messes and just overall clean. I am very picky about cleaning my cars and what normally takes me 2 to 3 hours to clean my car it takes me only about 30 min to 1hr

Masterful Design
By Brenda H on 03/22/05 15:28 PM (PST)

2004 Honda Element SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Even though it has unusual appearances, we were intrigued enough to take one for a test drive. The automatic transmission left us interested and engaged. But, we were practically screaming with delight after driving one with a manual transmission and could not make the purchase transaction fast enough. We would purchase this car again. Due to it's unique styling, we encounter numerous inquiries from strangers that allow us to emphatically tell them about the car. This car is such an impressive combination of function and comfort that the exterior styling naunces have become truly endearing!

Minor flaws
By Q~top on 02/23/05 16:53 PM (PST)

2004 Honda Element SUV LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Been driving my E for 5 month now, lov'n it ever since the day i bought it. Not a high performance car but great for what i pay for. Suggest to get the EX model if your planning to buy a stick shift, where only EX come with a right armrest on the driver seat. Sunroof not recommended unless off road camping is your favorite activity. It's quite difficult to get any thing (including passengers) out the back seat in a tight parking lot (common problem with suicide doors). Large blind spot on driver side, suggest adding a smaller rear view mirror on the left side. Adding bigger and deeper trays in the middle, where things are not easily bump out to the back.