Used 2004 Honda Element SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Honda Element - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Element model:

Most Helpful|
Now in my Element
By rk in tampa bay

2004 Honda Element SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love this vehicle. Just retired my '03 Aztek with 170k & wanted something just as unique with better reliability. Would have preferred the manual shift, but so far the automatic is fine. Lovin' it.

Favorite Features

"Wipe down" interior, "break-away" rear seats, outward visibility, turning radius, solid feel, unique exterior design, & much more.

Suggested Improvements

On board computer (miles to go 'til empty).

Beautifully Used
By coachbarnes11

2004 Honda Element SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV w/Side Airbags (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is the 7th Honda I have owned. I was curious about the Element when they first came out and was glad to finally purchase a used one with a manual "yeah!" and 100k on it. Of course it has been flawless since I have owned it. So many possible ways to use this vehicle. As a competitive triathlete I am looking forward to this summer and using it for fun weekends. I am going to keep up on the maintenance and do a big service here in the spring (plugs, fluids, etc.). As long as I take care of it, the E should go another 100k for me easy. The skylight is way cool! Stereo is more than adequate and iPod friendly. I might even go camping with my son and sleep on the seats that make beds!

Favorite Features

Every which way interior. Love the manual. All-wheel drive laughs at the snow. Sky light - solid stereo. Do anything with it mentality.

Suggested Improvements

50 more hp would be nice along with 25+ mpg instead of 21. Otherwise...?

best little car ever
By cj62

2004 Honda Element SUV EX Fwd 4dr SUV w/Side Airbags (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

i have had my element for 8 years i have 173,000 miles on it and have had NO major repairs!!! Only normal wear and tear repairs,tires ,battery, starter and misc. It has been the best little car so handy and practical , i haul alot even my grass clippings and leaves, its a work horse !! I will hope to get 300,000 miles out of it ,im gonna try.

I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU AND MISS YOU
By guest2011

2004 Honda Element SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

'04 EX was my first SUV, first Honda. I hated the seat discomfort, the cheap-feeling floors, scratches in interior plastic, exterior plastic, worn bushings, rear differential, some other minor things and annoyances. That's until i bought 2014 CRV LX. I love my Element now!!! I miss it and i want it back!!! My second honda is my last, that's for sure.

Favorite Features

Built quality, built like a tank, ground clearance, AWD system is typical honda but effective and practical in my environment, washable plastic interior, exterior, washable seats, seat material in EX is not the same as LX back then. Seating comfort. PASSENGER ARM REST!!! (EX model) Simplicity. No electronic gimmicks like bluetooth, stupid wide angle confusing rear cameras, pixelated 4-5" screens. Indestructable exterior plastic. Interior space, easy to detail, wash. Very fun to drive, road visibility.

Suggested Improvements

Comparing to my new 2014 CRV my only complaint it no lumbar support, would prefer less boxy look, height, road noise. If i ever consider another honda i would want it to be a combination of CRV+Element, but i will never buy another honda again and honda will not make anything like that ever again. Don't know if any other manufacturer makes something like this. Wish MPG was better.

The BEST I have owned
By maguu

2004 Honda Element SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2004 Element in 2007 w/36000 miles off a lease. I now have 86000 miles on it and have not had any mechanical issues so far. I hope to drive it for a long time yet. This is the best I have owned,I have owned several cars and trucks American and foreign but none of them was as trouble free as this has been. It drives very stable and AWD can take you thru a lot of snow and mud. I have used as a car,truck and camper,have towed my boat and ATV side by side without any complaint from her. Honda really screwed up dropping this from their lineup,they should have just kept tweaking it to improve it more. I really don't know what I will replace this with,maybe try to find a clean 2011.

Favorite Features

Just about everything is great.

Suggested Improvements

Put normal opening doors in rear seat.