2004 Honda Element - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Element model:
Honda makes smart vehicles
By tallman on 04/29/06 17:26 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Handles well for a SUV. Gas mileage is among the best for a small 4wd SUV. No reliability problems at all. I'm 6'8" tall and fit well in the vehicle. I would definitely buy this vehicle again.

Does it all
By lawly on 04/29/06 07:47 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Element LX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This vehicle does it all! I've used it for commuting-long distance traveling - camping and hauling. The gas mileage isn't bad for a larger vehicle (23) hwy. The ride is smooth and the transmission the same. I recommend it to anyone wanting an all-purpose vehicle.

Just what I needed
By scott on 04/18/06 20:26 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

So far my Element has been a joy to own and drive. Zero mechanical problems ever. Extremely easy to keep clean. A work of art for the amount of room inside compared to its overall size. I like the brakes they work like I think brakes should work. Simply finding my element in a very large parking lot is no problem. There it is over there, the funny looking one. I love it!! It's been one of the best vehicles ever owned.

My Element Experirence
By Francis on 03/24/06 20:02 PM (PST)

2004 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I wanted to buy a versatile vehicle like the CRV but instead drove out of the dealership with an Element.This is a very poorly thought out vehicle. Example, when you fold up the rear seats to make more room it actually blocks your side window access when you are backing up.This vehicle weighs almost 3,500 lbs and the standard "Accord" powerplant strains to pull it around. My AWD gas mileage city/hwy average 21-22 per gallon.The weight distribution of the "AWD" v.s. the "2 wheel" drive is noticeably different and the vehicles drive differently( I have driven both versions).

Great value
By fsmith on 03/16/06 10:58 AM (PST)

2004 Honda Element DX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Provides excellent interior room for storage and passengers. The variety of seating choices comes in handy when moving bulky items. The large back and side entry allows for easy loading and unloading of cargo, especially large and bulky items. It is very reliable with only regularly scheduled maintenance being performed. For the price, it is an exceptional value and puts higher priced SUVs to shame.

Element of Design
By Sheila Todd on 03/02/06 06:43 AM (PST)

2004 Honda Element DX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I'm a first time Honda owner. I loved everything about the Element. It's fun to drive and the handle is awesome. It could've been made more sound-proof. I travel and the highway noise gets extremely loud. I would love to see family features, like Tv/Dvd players, and more cushioned seats.

element bliss
By Ann Brown on 01/28/06 12:59 PM (PST)

2004 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I enjoy the interior versitility. I have gone camping, biking, hiking, taking the dogs for long drives, and moving hay in the back of my Element. I have also moved my youngest child into her college dorm. I also enjoy knowing that the floor and seats can be wiped clean. The cost was reasonable, so I can make the payment, save for retirement and pay college tuition.

Great car so far
By mjones on 01/22/06 05:07 AM (PST)

2004 Honda Element EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

For a 4 banger it moves! This is a very practical SUV with ok gas mileage. My son and I camp in it every summer and have plenty of room and plenty of fun. After driving Subaru's for over 20 years switching to the element was the perfect choice. I feel this is a very well engineered and reliable vehicle that I fell is going to be the best vehicle I have ever owned.

Elementary My Dear Honda
By nrb on 01/09/06 15:38 PM (PST)

2004 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my Honda well past the breaking in. As a matter of fact when I collided with a red light runner last year, I was lucky to have been driving my Element. My daughter and I were unhurt, and my Honda withstood the impact very well. The firefighters who rescued me were also impressed by the car-airbags deployed and all. I cannot say enough about this vehicle except to say that when my daughter leaves for college next year she will be driving the Element, and Momma is getting a new car, another Element. After all, when something fits and works so well, why change it? Thank you Honda engineers, you made the perfect multigenerational car. Now make a hybrid Element for me

jabtokar
By jabtokar on 12/18/05 16:32 PM (PST)

2004 Honda Element DX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Only maintenance service required, no problems, comfortable, love the raised back seats so my grandchildren can see out the front window, love the way the seats store when I have to pick up large things or loads, love the way the car handles both around town and on the highway. I have had people stop me in parking lots and ask to see the inside and I think I have help the dealer sell a bunch. There are more on the road around here every day. Just saw a new one in the driveway of one of my neighbors. We just check the totally around town stop and go mileage and it was about 23 mpg. Functional, comfortable, sensible, easy to keep clean, my husband, who called it ugly drives it a lot.