Used 2004 Honda Element SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Honda Element - Consumer Reviews

2004 Honda Element SUV

View reviews for a specific Element model:

Ugly but love it
By cje

2004 Honda Element SUV LX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I am happy with my Element. Took some time getting use to fine styling :-( (much like an English taxi) But it is so useful, comfortable, cleans up really well, great for hauling stuff and mine is basic beige which really hides the dirt well. I plan to drive it for at least a full 200,000 miles and forgo car payments for sometime.

Favorite Features

Configuration of seats, easily changed around.

Suggested Improvements

Windshield builds up ice on the outside edges really fast in bad weather. Blind spot is hard until you get use to it.

dangerous obstruction
By amylou

2004 Honda Element SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have enjoyed my Honda Element. Ease of cleaning is top of the list. The primary complaint I have is that there is a profound obstruction in the view of oncoming traffic due to the vertical supports on the sides of the front windshield. I have had more than two very near miss T-bones because I absolutely didn't see oncoming cars and pulled out in front of them. After I realized the problem I compensate for that now, but this is a serious safety issue.

Favorite Features

Ease of cleaning, roominess, convertibility.

Suggested Improvements

Change structure of roof supports.

Love This Thing!
By kminimax

2004 Honda Element SUV EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We just purchased this vehicle as our primary vehicle. We love it. My husband is 6'3" and has more than adequate room for him and our growing son without kicking the backs of the seats anymore. Now neither of them are eating their knees anymore like in our old sedan. I certainly would like to buy another one!

Favorite Features

Easy to clean, fun to drive, great amounts of room!

Suggested Improvements

The suicide doors could be a little easier to access but they are still fun

Nice but Not for Sasquatch
By QMSmitty

2004 Honda Element SUV LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We bought ours as a 2 yr old model with 26K miles. I named it The Earl-ament. We bought in preparing to have a more baby friendly car, that has some ground clearance in case of high water. We are very pleased with the vehicle. We wish we could find a slightly larger vehicle with the rest of the features that would help accommodate the stuff two little boys.

Favorite Features

Easy to clean interior. Fold up/lay down seats for more cargo space.

Suggested Improvements

Steering wheel won't allow my over 6 ft frame (Sasquatch) to read the speedometer unless I peek under the steering wheel. Rear doors that could swing around closer to 180 degrees, instead of 90. Small parking spaces are difficult to load baby in the back. Center Console (Like the SC)

Satisfaction Guaranteed
By Mehgan

2004 Honda Element SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

When I saw it I hated the color and thought it was the ugliest vehicle ever, then I drove it! It has so much room, it handles so smoothly, it drives so nicely! I love the way the seats fold up, the wipe-down surfaces, everything! I haven't ever loved a vehicle until I bought my Element, it's incredible!

Favorite Features

Unique design (interior and exterior), interior room and comfort.

Suggested Improvements

Maybe an extra a/c outlet and moving the aux outlet in the middle console for easier access for the driver!