Used 2004 Honda Element Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Honda Element - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Element model:

Great overall
By Paul A.

2004 Honda Element DX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Great fun factor vehicle. I am getting about 25-26 miles per gallon with manual transmission. This is a great car that would serve the all the purposes: vacation, basic transportation, big item moving or purchasing. Mine is a DX, so the only thing I miss is the cruise control, everything else is very well thought and placed. I love my Element,and I plan to have it for a good while. Buyer beware: if you drive it, you'll like it... and buy it.

Manual transmission, the overall great versatility, looks small from outside, huge inside, not one of the most stolen vehicles, no timing belt to replace, higher seating position, easy in and out access, plenty of headroom (I m 6.1).

A 6th speed and an available armrest, for the ones that want one (the one available is poorly thought - we need a real one that would serve the purpose).

Ugly but love it
By cje

2004 Honda Element LX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I am happy with my Element. Took some time getting use to fine styling :-( (much like an English taxi) But it is so useful, comfortable, cleans up really well, great for hauling stuff and mine is basic beige which really hides the dirt well. I plan to drive it for at least a full 200,000 miles and forgo car payments for sometime.

Configuration of seats, easily changed around.

Windshield builds up ice on the outside edges really fast in bad weather. Blind spot is hard until you get use to it.

dangerous obstruction
By amylou

2004 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have enjoyed my Honda Element. Ease of cleaning is top of the list. The primary complaint I have is that there is a profound obstruction in the view of oncoming traffic due to the vertical supports on the sides of the front windshield. I have had more than two very near miss T-bones because I absolutely didn't see oncoming cars and pulled out in front of them. After I realized the problem I compensate for that now, but this is a serious safety issue.

Ease of cleaning, roominess, convertibility.

Change structure of roof supports.

Love This Thing!
By kminimax

2004 Honda Element EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We just purchased this vehicle as our primary vehicle. We love it. My husband is 6'3" and has more than adequate room for him and our growing son without kicking the backs of the seats anymore. Now neither of them are eating their knees anymore like in our old sedan. I certainly would like to buy another one!

Easy to clean, fun to drive, great amounts of room!

The suicide doors could be a little easier to access but they are still fun

Nice but Not for Sasquatch
By QMSmitty

2004 Honda Element LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We bought ours as a 2 yr old model with 26K miles. I named it The Earl-ament. We bought in preparing to have a more baby friendly car, that has some ground clearance in case of high water. We are very pleased with the vehicle. We wish we could find a slightly larger vehicle with the rest of the features that would help accommodate the stuff two little boys.

Easy to clean interior. Fold up/lay down seats for more cargo space.

Steering wheel won't allow my over 6 ft frame (Sasquatch) to read the speedometer unless I peek under the steering wheel. Rear doors that could swing around closer to 180 degrees, instead of 90. Small parking spaces are difficult to load baby in the back. Center Console (Like the SC)

• SUV