2004 Honda Element - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Element model:
Good Vehicle
By Rocky on 01/05/07 01:42 AM (PST)

2004 Honda Element DX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've enjoyed the vehicle. and would recommend it to anyone. this is my first Honda and I would buy again. US made does not come close. My other car is US and there is always something going wrong with it. I've got 11,000 on the Honda and only one small A/C vent broke on me.

2004 Honda Element EX AWD
By Elementary on 12/12/06 15:23 PM (PST)

2004 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Versatile.Many fact. add-ons (fog lights, tow bar,etc) are overpriced; I chose aftermarket ones. Wife & I haul a roof box, bikes, kayak, dog & camp gear all at once. Lots of road noise & seats offer very little back suppport for long trips,yet are versatile. I'm unhappy with the syncros/shifting in the manual tranny yet AWD system has been amazing in all conditions.24.8 mpg average.The angle of the windshield makes it prone to rock chips in MN winters. The plastic floor, interior & body panels make for easy cleaning, but scratch easily. Great SUV for GenX outdoor folks that like attention and Honda Reliability. Only problem has been with body panel frame creaks.In time Honda will perfect it!

Making the Element even better
By EX on 12/07/06 06:09 AM (PST)

2004 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I was initially attracted to the Element because of its interior head and shoulder room. After driving my Element for two years, I am impressed by its road handling. The steering and handling were an added benefit that I did not expect. I hope I can say this 4-5 years from now.

the toaster
By DAS on 09/26/06 10:58 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This has been one of the best auto's that I have ever owned. Ok you're thinking what has he owned.. (short list, (Volvo xc90, Saab (9-5, 900,99) VW Bus x2 Beetle x2. Dodge Ram). The all wheel drive is very good in Maine weather. Cargo room, stadium seating, Ipod connection. I have not had any trouble with this Element at all. Average MPG on the highway 25.8 City 20.

Little Big Truck
By PFY on 08/29/06 13:41 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I just purchased my certified used 2004 EX and I couldn't be more thrilled. I realize I have not had the extensive experience with it some others have had, but simply coming from a very low mileage vehicle (Land Rover) to this, I was ecstatic the first time I had to go to the pump! I think the design is great and the interior is HUGE. Rides great and again, coming from the Land Rover, the wind noise is no worse, even with the less than aerodynamic design. If you are looking for lots of space and functionality, get one of these. It is fun to drive and the stereo on the EX is KILLER! If you are at all like me, the looks will grow on you too.

What A Ride!
By TomKat on 07/26/06 18:29 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Element LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The very best vehicle I've ever purchased. Perfect for outdoor lifestyle or just driving to work! Great for larger travelling, pets, dogs, pigs, whatever :) Would highly recommend and plan to buy another if this one ever dies.

Beauty Within
By George on 07/21/06 15:05 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Element EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I thought it was the ugliest car on the planet until I opened the door and looked in. It's enormous inside! I fell in love with the interior. The exterior grows on you over time. I now joke that "When it grows up, it wants to be a Hummer." Either way, it's well built. Not a problem in almost 2 years, and it gets decent gas mileage to boot.

Great Work Car
By A Smith on 06/15/06 21:03 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I use my Element because I sell industrial maintenance products. It is the ideal salesman's car. But the gas mileage is terrible, very disappointing

The funnest
By Cathy Schlecht on 05/14/06 20:40 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The E is excellent for handling, interior room, an absolute blast to drive. Love the look it keeps me differant from everyone else. My son loves the ipod jack. Easy to clean. People are always asking to see the inside and they are so suprised at the amount of room. I would purchase another in a heart beat.

Honda makes smart vehicles
By tallman on 04/29/06 17:26 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Handles well for a SUV. Gas mileage is among the best for a small 4wd SUV. No reliability problems at all. I'm 6'8" tall and fit well in the vehicle. I would definitely buy this vehicle again.