Used 2004 Honda Element SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Honda Element - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Element model:

My 2004 Element
By Shree Hatton

2004 Honda Element SUV LX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I love my 2004 Element. Every time I get in to it, I smile. Everyone is asking me about it.

Favorite Features

I love the interior design.

Suggested Improvements

The ride. It's somewhat choppy.

MOST VERSITILE
By stlouis a.k

2004 Honda Element SUV EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

COMPARED TO OTHER VEHICLES IN ITS CLASS THE EXTERIOR DESIGN AND MAKER MADE ME CHOOSE THE HONDA ELEMENT.THIS IS THE FOURTH HONDA I'V OWNED,THE PREVIOUS THREE WERE GREAT CARS AND THE ELEMENT IS NO EXCEPTION.I LOVE THE VERSITILITY OF THE INTERIOR AND THE SMOOTH PICKUP OF THE ENGINE.THE DENT RESISTANT BUMPERS ALSO COMES IN HANDY.

Favorite Features

MY FAVORITE FEATURES ARE THE SUBWOOFER,THE VERSATILITY OF THE INTERIOR AND THE DESIGN OF THE FRONT GRILL.

Suggested Improvements

I THINK HONDA SHOULD MAKE SOME IMPROVEMENTS ON FUEL EFFICIENCY.

FUN (THING)
By AC242

2004 Honda Element SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV w/Side Airbags (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I BOUGHT THE VEHICAL OUT OF PURE CURIOSITY. AFTER OWNING IT FOR A MONTH OR SO, I DECIDED TO BUY A PERSONAL WATERCRAFT. NOT KNOWING IF THE ELEMENT COULD TOW IT OR NOT I FIGURED I WOULD GIVE IT A TRY. AFTER MY FIRST LAKE TRIP I WAS CONVINCED I HAD PURCHASED ONE OF THE COOLEST DAMN THINGS EVER. IT TOWS GREAT! THEN I GOT TO CAMP IN IT AND REALLY ENJOYED STAYING INSIDE RATHER THAN OUT! ITS LIKE A MINI-MOBLE HOME! THE BEST PART WAS, I HAD TO PULL OUT A '04 DODGE RAM THAT WAS STUCK. FUNNY B/C I JUST TRADED THAT TRUCK OFF FOR MY "E". AMEN FOR AWD!

Favorite Features

AWD. VERSATILITY OF THE INTERIOR, OPTIONAL PRIVACY CURTAIN FOR OVER NIGHT STAYS.

Suggested Improvements

FUEL ECONOMY. V8 OPTIONAL BLONDE ON THE SIDE. (PROBABLY COST TO MUCH!) KEG HOLDER!

Awsome
By superkap69

2004 Honda Element SUV EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My wife has a 2003 EX 4WD I loved it so much I bought one!!!! I got the 2wd for better mileage Love this car!!!! No problems with either one!

Favorite Features

Small yet very roomy and useful!!

Suggested Improvements

None

My Element
By F. R. Bruni

2004 Honda Element SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I'm glad that I bought this vehicle. I truly enjoy driving it whether on the interstate or in town. It's easy to handle and gives a very nice feeling of spaciousness while seated in any of one of the four seats. Honda built this vehicle for the young but it is my understanding that the average age of buyers is 44 years. I'm 65 years old; why should the kids have all the fun!

Favorite Features

Excellent visability (except for the unecessarily large side view mirrors). Flexibility for interior space is great. Easy entry & egress for back seats.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage is very disappointing for a Honda. Consider Element for next hybrid platform. Add a compass and thermometer to panel. Improve visibility of gauges during daytime driving.