Used 2004 Honda Element Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Honda Element - Consumer Reviews

2004 Honda Element

View reviews for a specific Element model:

Most Helpful|
Fabulous Orange Box
By Boxy and Orange

2004 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car for a move from MS to CO and loaded it full. The gas mileage was something to brag about and the way this loaded down 4 cylinder handled over mountain passes impressed me. I haven't had much experience with it in the snow yet but I have faith it will meet my expectations. My Element has gone to the beach. All I had to do to get the sand out was sweep the car. AND it is wonderful for the dog owner, the dog hair clean up is so easy, just roll down the window and it all blows out!

Favorite Features

The stereo system, of course! Also, you gotta love the turning radius and all that storage inside.

Suggested Improvements

A six cylinder would be nice, but then the gas mileage wouldn't be so wonderful, also a compass and thermometer would be terrific additions to the panel.

The Black E
By Kraiwut

2004 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have my Element for about 3 months and I love it. Very roomy, smooth drive, and I feel very protected inside.

Favorite Features

Fold-able/removable back seats. Roomy interior.

Suggested Improvements

Higher front seats. Adjustable back seats (be able to move forward/backward). Better look of instrument console.

Now in my Element
By rk in tampa bay

2004 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love this vehicle. Just retired my '03 Aztek with 170k & wanted something just as unique with better reliability. Would have preferred the manual shift, but so far the automatic is fine. Lovin' it.

Favorite Features

"Wipe down" interior, "break-away" rear seats, outward visibility, turning radius, solid feel, unique exterior design, & much more.

Suggested Improvements

On board computer (miles to go 'til empty).

Beautifully Used
By coachbarnes11

2004 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV w/Side Airbags (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is the 7th Honda I have owned. I was curious about the Element when they first came out and was glad to finally purchase a used one with a manual "yeah!" and 100k on it. Of course it has been flawless since I have owned it. So many possible ways to use this vehicle. As a competitive triathlete I am looking forward to this summer and using it for fun weekends. I am going to keep up on the maintenance and do a big service here in the spring (plugs, fluids, etc.). As long as I take care of it, the E should go another 100k for me easy. The skylight is way cool! Stereo is more than adequate and iPod friendly. I might even go camping with my son and sleep on the seats that make beds!

Favorite Features

Every which way interior. Love the manual. All-wheel drive laughs at the snow. Sky light - solid stereo. Do anything with it mentality.

Suggested Improvements

50 more hp would be nice along with 25+ mpg instead of 21. Otherwise...?

best little car ever
By cj62

2004 Honda Element EX Fwd 4dr SUV w/Side Airbags (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

i have had my element for 8 years i have 173,000 miles on it and have had NO major repairs!!! Only normal wear and tear repairs,tires ,battery, starter and misc. It has been the best little car so handy and practical , i haul alot even my grass clippings and leaves, its a work horse !! I will hope to get 300,000 miles out of it ,im gonna try.