Used 2004 Honda Element SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Honda Element SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Element model:

fun and functional
By larry west

2004 Honda Element SUV EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car for my business. It has become my "drive everywhere" car. My friends love it. We take road trips and we all feel relaxed. Because of the massive leg room and because the back seats recline, the passsengers in the back seats are just as comfortable as the front seat passengers.

The swing out doors, the tailgate, washable interior, sound system, the folding rear seats.

The floors need to be a washable material that has a feel of rubber. Things tend to slide on the hard plastic floor. I want a sunroof in the front. Be able to get the car in one solid color.

4x 4gotten
By Agent Orange

2004 Honda Element SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Very comfortable for trips and the 4wheel drive works seemlessly. The neoprene seats were surprisingly cool .It is great to put your bicycle inside and upright! Quiet and very nimble. We love the rear tailgate arrangement for loading and packing.

The looks are our best loved feature.

Better assembly as gaskets and trim parts fall off! It needs a factory availble GPS screen!

Great Vehicle/ Interior Scratches Easily
By jkemrick

2004 Honda Element SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV w/Side Airbags (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Our Element is wonderful. It's fun to drive, it's roomy and it gets a lot of compliments. Our 5 dogs love it! However, considering it is advertised as a rugged vehicle designed to carry all sorts of gear, the interior scratches way too easily - including the dashboard area that the dogs don't have access to.

Ease of use, body style, roominess, stadium seating in the back.

Use higher-grade scratch resistant materials on the interior, make console between driver and passenger seats arm level height, automatic lock button on passenger side.

you wouldnt understand its a HONDA thing
By Helen Bennett

2004 Honda Element SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Ive had my Element for three months, and already 10,000 miles. This vehicle is terrific in every sense of the word. After four Accords since 1987 and over a million miles on them I again put my trust in them and this car is perfect. Ive camped in in four times been to the Indy 500, MIS races with one more to go and its just the best. Great fuel milage great ride and no not the noise that I have read about. I drive it over a hundred miles a day to work and back on the freeway and it doesnt skip a beat. And of course my 17 year old has to drive it just to "show off". Although there is nothing wrong with her Civic. Honda has another winner here.

The color (orange) the room and the way I can camp out in it.

Nothing

My 2003 Honda Element
By Marie Edwards

2004 Honda Element SUV DX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I am a 60 year old woman and lOVE my Element! We drive it to our mountain home, 175 miles away, EVERY weekend. The only thing I hate about it is that there is no arm rest on the passenger side. What nimcoompe designed it that way?

All

An armrest on the passenger side

• SUV