Used 2004 Honda Element Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Honda Element - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Element model:

Just what I needed!
By garydtkd

2004 Honda Element LX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I just bought my Element and love it, it is sollid inside and out. The interior space is great and the exterior is very unique. It handles well and 160 hp engine is up to the task. Element, where were you four years ago, when I bought my last car?

Pivoting Back Seats

Suspension that can handle more cargo and people weight. Arm rests would be nice too.

My Chubby Element
By ALC

2004 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I really like this car but I have one complaint about visibility. The driver and passenger side have a blind spot. The rather large window post can swallow a car whole and if you are not careful you could be unpleasantly surprised.

The rear seats and sound system

Improve front visibility

What is this ugly thing
By Motomr

2004 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Its ugly but I like the stares. It is dependalbe as all get out and has more room for the passengers than I have ever seen in a vehicle. Havent drove in the indiana snow yet so who knows about that. Good get up and go but wish it got a little better gas mileage. If you can take the ribbing by your buddies, its a good little car/suv/truck/van/whatever and I like mine so far.

My favorite feature is definately the back room seats and space. That and I pretend when I look out the front window that I am driving an H2O Hummer.

Better gas mileage, after all that is why I bought it. Its not bad but would always want more.

Honda Element
By Lestat

2004 Honda Element EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I was surprised by the overall practicallity of this vehicle. Everything in the car has its place and purpose, from the numerous cup holders between the driver and passenger seats to the back seats being slightly higher than the front.

One of my most favorite features of the Element is the large amount of room in the car. I never feel cramped or closed in and the car can hold a large amount of gear and baggage along with the passengers.

One minor suggestion would be to place an armrest on the passenger side.

fun and functional
By larry west

2004 Honda Element EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car for my business. It has become my "drive everywhere" car. My friends love it. We take road trips and we all feel relaxed. Because of the massive leg room and because the back seats recline, the passsengers in the back seats are just as comfortable as the front seat passengers.

The swing out doors, the tailgate, washable interior, sound system, the folding rear seats.

The floors need to be a washable material that has a feel of rubber. Things tend to slide on the hard plastic floor. I want a sunroof in the front. Be able to get the car in one solid color.