2004 Honda Element SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Element model:
Initial Impressions
By Braden on 09/29/07 19:37 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Element SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Just bought a used, but highly cared for 04 Element EX. Only driven it about 400 miles, but overall I love it. Only two things I wish it had; 1) Computer with average MPH, MPG, and miles until out of gas. 2) Five speed automatic like the 07 & 08 models.

Nice little car!
By av on 09/22/07 05:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Element SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I get between 22-25 mpg, plenty of room in back, like the ability to move seats up for more storage, especially since I traded my truck in, it works nicely on the trips to Home Depot.

Just buy one!
By TUAN on 09/17/07 15:07 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Element SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

i have had mine for just about three years now and have used it for just about everything from camping, snowboarding, moving, and just hauling stuff. Like most folks, I wasn't a fan until I sat inside one. It really is that roomy in there. The seating configurations make it so it can handle just about anything. This car has never given me any problems and is still really fun to drive. Mine was a manual so it drove and handled even more like a car than an suv. The horsepower and torque is exellent for this size car. I still skirt the tires all the time! (this never happened with my 2000 Civic EX)

Excellent little motor
By English_Knave on 08/27/07 11:23 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Element SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my E since new, it has never had a single thing go wrong with it. It's a bit noisy and gets a little breathless on the highway, but the mileage is good and the handling is excellent. Incredibly versatile, I have had bicycles, lawnmowers, snowblowers and even a mid-size motorcycle in it. If you want a fun to drive, utilitarian , pickup type vehicle with a good standard of creature comforts this is the vehicle you want. I am still on the original tires . Don't buy the multi player CD player...buy an Ipod instead. I am currently looking to replace it with another E.

Like driving a go-cart
By cleanqueen on 07/26/07 11:59 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Element SUV EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This car is so fun to drive! I got a manual transmission which makes it even more fun to drive! I find that with the stick, it has more pep than an automatic transmission. Since the car has no carpet, it's great for hauling my dog who sheds around in it. It has a tremendous amount of knee room in the back even for tall people. I would definitely recommend this car to anyone who wants an affordable SUV style car that has a lot of room in it without paying big bucks!

Great Vehicle
By Deborah on 06/12/07 21:48 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Element SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We purchased this vehicle about 3 months ago and have taken it on trips non-stop. We were impressed with its ability to be like a truck, you can load and haul pretty much anything in it. Clean up is very easy. Just wipe it clean and you're done. Easy to wash and wax too. Not much to do because the durable plastic exterior part is so easy to wipe down.

Element Lover!
By CAS on 05/01/07 11:06 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Element SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I am in a wheelchair. I got the Element because the backseats would hang and the back door opened like a van. I could pop my 15 pound wheelchair behind the driver's seat and go.

great vehicle
By howard on 03/13/07 13:28 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Element SUV LX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

the car is so practical. there are so many things that you can do with this car. packing the car with many items is easy. so many other cars are not practical, just made to look attractive and comfort and interior room count more for the drivers.

I love my element!!!!!
By 04 element ex on 01/16/07 20:41 PM (PST)

2004 Honda Element SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I LOVE MY ELEMENT!!!. i traded in my 2000 Nissan Maxima for a 2004 Honda Element EX AWD MT. I love it. Handles like a car. its really fun to drive. Squeals tires from stop and into second. My parents beg me to let them take it. Seats are very comfy, love the Fiji Blue color. I get a lot of comments on the color even when they dont like the car. Very noticeable wind noise around 55+mph. I am averaging 23 mpg which is awesome. Just think its the size of my friends explorer he gets 17 mpg with the v6... Tons of storage. Love the versatility of the seating, my friends all fit very comfortably. The stock sound system is amazing!!! Better than the bose in my maxima. Best car i have ever owned

Awesome!!!!!!
By 04elementex on 01/06/07 22:29 PM (PST)

2004 Honda Element SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love my element. I traded my 00 nissan maxima for it. The maxima was a great car but it didn't go with my lifestyle. I do a lot of skiing, snowboarding, and mountain biking and the element is perfect. I don't need to worry about getting the carpet dirty and it has room for all my gear. The rear doors are hard to get used to but they are cool and there is a ton of room in the back. As my friend said shaq could fit in the back seat. It has a great ride and great gas mileage for a awd truck. It handles like a car. The turning radius is awesome. It doesn't ride like a lexus but its not like you're driving an explorer. I wouldn't get rid of it for anything. I highly recommend the element!!!