2004 Honda Element SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Element model:
Totaled my Element. I barely felt a thing.
By mudgell on 02/19/11 16:47 PM (PST)

2004 Honda Element SUV EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I was cruzin around Denver, not paying enough attention and WHAMO! I nailed a solid concrete barrier and totaled the car but I came out without a scratch. The only thing that hurts is that I don't have my Element anymore. I never had one maintenance problem with it while I had it and when I wrecked it, it very well could have saved my life or saved me from getting injured. If you have the money, get one.

Got a good deal on an excellent car
By Rick R. on 03/05/09 05:58 AM (PST)

2004 Honda Element SUV EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The car is for my wife who loved it immediately. It is roomy, easy to clean and appears to provide just what we need since we move larger objects. The driver is an artist and is always hauling stuff. The dealership was extremely nice in helping us to find a car.

Love This Thing!
By kminimax on 09/08/08 19:42 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Element SUV EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We just purchased this vehicle as our primary vehicle. We love it. My husband is 6'3" and has more than adequate room for him and our growing son without kicking the backs of the seats anymore. Now neither of them are eating their knees anymore like in our old sedan. I certainly would like to buy another one!

Love my E - Great Dog Car
By DogAddict on 04/01/08 19:39 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Element SUV EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I LOVE my Element and am actually about to trade it in on a 2008! I have removed the back two seats and have turned into a "dog car" with crates for my 4 dogs, my Quik Shade tent, chairs and everything else I need for our weekend outings at agility trials or disc dog competitions. Its versatility is phenomenal and a friend and I kid that "Everything can fit in the E!". It drives great, has been 100% reliable. Gas mileage has been good for an SUV. I looked around a little before deciding on another E but couldn't find anything that suits my needs like the E does.

Like driving a go-cart
By cleanqueen on 07/26/07 11:59 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Element SUV EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This car is so fun to drive! I got a manual transmission which makes it even more fun to drive! I find that with the stick, it has more pep than an automatic transmission. Since the car has no carpet, it's great for hauling my dog who sheds around in it. It has a tremendous amount of knee room in the back even for tall people. I would definitely recommend this car to anyone who wants an affordable SUV style car that has a lot of room in it without paying big bucks!

Beauty Within
By George on 07/21/06 15:05 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Element SUV EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I thought it was the ugliest car on the planet until I opened the door and looked in. It's enormous inside! I fell in love with the interior. The exterior grows on you over time. I now joke that "When it grows up, it wants to be a Hummer." Either way, it's well built. Not a problem in almost 2 years, and it gets decent gas mileage to boot.

Great car so far
By mjones on 01/22/06 05:07 AM (PST)

2004 Honda Element SUV EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

For a 4 banger it moves! This is a very practical SUV with ok gas mileage. My son and I camp in it every summer and have plenty of room and plenty of fun. After driving Subaru's for over 20 years switching to the element was the perfect choice. I feel this is a very well engineered and reliable vehicle that I fell is going to be the best vehicle I have ever owned.

Atlanta Driving
By Benji'z on 12/03/05 18:49 PM (PST)

2004 Honda Element SUV EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is the most utilitiarian vehicle I have owned. Much more interior space than my other Jeep Cherokee. I have moved everything from big TV's to a pullout sleeper sofa in it. It has adequate power and mileage. I do mostly highway driving. Avg HWY MPG 25. Love the vehicle, could use minor improvements then PERFECT..

Not the perfect Mommies Car
By Abril on 04/13/05 10:21 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Element SUV EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I thought the E would be perfect for a newborn baby, it is in the sense that if you spill something it wipes right up. The ease of cleaning is my favorite feature. But I hate the suicide doors. If someone parks close to you, it's a dance to get the carrier in the car and not hit the other car with your doors or trap yourself inside. Not that you should be messing with the baby while your driving but I can't even reach his car seat to pat him on the head when he's upset.

ride
By Chris on 02/19/05 14:15 PM (PST)

2004 Honda Element SUV EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

the only negatives I have found with this car is the choppy ride and it could be a little quieter.