Used 2004 Honda Element EX SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Honda Element - Consumer Reviews

2004 Honda Element SUV

View reviews for a specific Element model:

Totaled my Element. I barely felt a thing.
By mudgell

2004 Honda Element SUV EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I was cruzin around Denver, not paying enough attention and WHAMO! I nailed a solid concrete barrier and totaled the car but I came out without a scratch. The only thing that hurts is that I don't have my Element anymore. I never had one maintenance problem with it while I had it and when I wrecked it, it very well could have saved my life or saved me from getting injured. If you have the money, get one.

Got a good deal on an excellent car
By Rick R.

2004 Honda Element SUV EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The car is for my wife who loved it immediately. It is roomy, easy to clean and appears to provide just what we need since we move larger objects. The driver is an artist and is always hauling stuff. The dealership was extremely nice in helping us to find a car.

Favorite Features

It is a little too soon to tell what we most like about the car since we only have it a little more than a week.

Suggested Improvements

None at this time.

Love This Thing!
By kminimax

2004 Honda Element SUV EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We just purchased this vehicle as our primary vehicle. We love it. My husband is 6'3" and has more than adequate room for him and our growing son without kicking the backs of the seats anymore. Now neither of them are eating their knees anymore like in our old sedan. I certainly would like to buy another one!

Favorite Features

Easy to clean, fun to drive, great amounts of room!

Suggested Improvements

The suicide doors could be a little easier to access but they are still fun

Love my E - Great Dog Car
By DogAddict

2004 Honda Element SUV EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I LOVE my Element and am actually about to trade it in on a 2008! I have removed the back two seats and have turned into a "dog car" with crates for my 4 dogs, my Quik Shade tent, chairs and everything else I need for our weekend outings at agility trials or disc dog competitions. Its versatility is phenomenal and a friend and I kid that "Everything can fit in the E!". It drives great, has been 100% reliable. Gas mileage has been good for an SUV. I looked around a little before deciding on another E but couldn't find anything that suits my needs like the E does.

Favorite Features

Space, versatility and reliability

Suggested Improvements

Center console for the LX and EX models.

Like driving a go-cart
By cleanqueen

2004 Honda Element SUV EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This car is so fun to drive! I got a manual transmission which makes it even more fun to drive! I find that with the stick, it has more pep than an automatic transmission. Since the car has no carpet, it's great for hauling my dog who sheds around in it. It has a tremendous amount of knee room in the back even for tall people. I would definitely recommend this car to anyone who wants an affordable SUV style car that has a lot of room in it without paying big bucks!

Favorite Features

Stick shift on the dash, leg room in back.

Suggested Improvements

Roll down windows in the back.