2004 Honda Element - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Element model:
Nice but Not for Sasquatch
By QMSmitty on 06/08/08 18:38 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Element LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We bought ours as a 2 yr old model with 26K miles. I named it The Earl-ament. We bought in preparing to have a more baby friendly car, that has some ground clearance in case of high water. We are very pleased with the vehicle. We wish we could find a slightly larger vehicle with the rest of the features that would help accommodate the stuff two little boys.

Lovin' it!
By Kevin on 03/18/08 21:06 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Element LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My dad has fun with his '04 Element, especially since it stands out with its Fiji Blue color. He mainly uses it to deliver restaurant supplies to his restaurant in LA. I'll occasionally take his car to school once in a while. I can't complain about those handy fold-up rear seats. Although they are a bit heavy, once folded up, you have plenty of cargo room. The floor is so easy to clean off as well - just spray it off with a garden hose. Handling is sharp; sure doesn't feel clumsy on turns. I love this box!

What A Ride!
By TomKat on 07/26/06 18:29 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Element LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The very best vehicle I've ever purchased. Perfect for outdoor lifestyle or just driving to work! Great for larger travelling, pets, dogs, pigs, whatever :) Would highly recommend and plan to buy another if this one ever dies.

Minor flaws
By Q~top on 02/23/05 16:53 PM (PST)

2004 Honda Element LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Been driving my E for 5 month now, lov'n it ever since the day i bought it. Not a high performance car but great for what i pay for. Suggest to get the EX model if your planning to buy a stick shift, where only EX come with a right armrest on the driver seat. Sunroof not recommended unless off road camping is your favorite activity. It's quite difficult to get any thing (including passengers) out the back seat in a tight parking lot (common problem with suicide doors). Large blind spot on driver side, suggest adding a smaller rear view mirror on the left side. Adding bigger and deeper trays in the middle, where things are not easily bump out to the back.

Best Car Ever
By SMC on 10/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Element LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The Element has proved to be the most dependable, versatile and enjoyable car I have had the pleasure to drive. It performs well on the highway wth the feel of a much heavier vehicle while remaining peppy and enjoyable to drive. In the city it is nible and quick.

Element- great car
By Jessamyn on 08/31/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Element LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Well thought out design- very useful with kid and dog!

I love my Natzi Mobile
By baran-arndt on 08/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

exactly what I need!

By Ulch on 05/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Element LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Went from a Chevy Tahoe to an Element. At first my Husband would chatch me scooting around town and laugh. Now when he borrows it once in a while (he drives a F350 crew cab every day) he says how much fun it is to drive. He even chooses to drive it on the weekends for family trips. He says its causes of the great fuel milage but I think he just loves to dive it as much as I do.

MY LITTLE BOX
By CHERYL on 03/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Honda Element LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I LOVE THIS "BOX" - EVERYTHING ABOUT IT -- THE ONLY THING I WOULD CHANGE WOULD BE A LARGER GAS TANK SO I WOULDN'T HAVE TO STOP TO GET GAS!! EVERYONE ELSE LOVES THE BOX ALSO, WHEN THEY SEE MINE, THEY WANT ONE!!!