Used 2004 Honda Element DX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Honda Element - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Element model:

Great overall
By Paul A.

2004 Honda Element DX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Great fun factor vehicle. I am getting about 25-26 miles per gallon with manual transmission. This is a great car that would serve the all the purposes: vacation, basic transportation, big item moving or purchasing. Mine is a DX, so the only thing I miss is the cruise control, everything else is very well thought and placed. I love my Element,and I plan to have it for a good while. Buyer beware: if you drive it, you'll like it... and buy it.

Manual transmission, the overall great versatility, looks small from outside, huge inside, not one of the most stolen vehicles, no timing belt to replace, higher seating position, easy in and out access, plenty of headroom (I m 6.1).

A 6th speed and an available armrest, for the ones that want one (the one available is poorly thought - we need a real one that would serve the purpose).

Good Vehicle
By Rocky

2004 Honda Element DX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've enjoyed the vehicle. and would recommend it to anyone. this is my first Honda and I would buy again. US made does not come close. My other car is US and there is always something going wrong with it. I've got 11,000 on the Honda and only one small A/C vent broke on me.

The high seating and outside visibility give you that feeling that you do have total control. The double doors that both open are great.

Add a foot well to the back seat to add comfort for those in the back, plus it will make it easier to get in and out.

jabtokar
By jabtokar

2004 Honda Element DX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Only maintenance service required, no problems, comfortable, love the raised back seats so my grandchildren can see out the front window, love the way the seats store when I have to pick up large things or loads, love the way the car handles both around town and on the highway. I have had people stop me in parking lots and ask to see the inside and I think I have help the dealer sell a bunch. There are more on the road around here every day. Just saw a new one in the driveway of one of my neighbors. We just check the totally around town stop and go mileage and it was about 23 mpg. Functional, comfortable, sensible, easy to keep clean, my husband, who called it ugly drives it a lot.

Fun little truck
By rainEdriver

2004 Honda Element DX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I'm a cheap-skate. I wanted a small, thrifty truck, but it seems nobody makes 'em anymore...so I went with Honda's Element. This thing is a hoot to drive. I'm no racer, so maybe I don't expect too much; but I find this little box hustles. I'd have been happy with less; given ever-rising gas prices, I want even more than the about 29 mpg it's averaged over the first 15,000 miles. I leave my back seats in the garage, and treat it as a 2-seater. No, you can't hose it out, but otherwise it is extremely durable and versatile for light hauling, camping or grocery-getting.

This is a robust little truck with a stong engine. Pleased to report made- in-USA build quality is very good. I'm hoping that translates to the kind of durability I expect from Japanese Hondas.

Although I know most folks want more power, not me. I want better fuel- economy. Like that diesel featured in European Honda ads. I also want a Westfalia version with a pop-up roof and camping accessories.

its groovy baby
By anthony a from ca

2004 Honda Element DX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

the element was the first new car i ever bought and even though its been over half a year since i purchased it, it is still as fun and exciting to drive as the day i took it off the lot