2004 Honda Element - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Element model:
Great overall
By Paul A. on 12/06/08 10:32 AM (PST)

2004 Honda Element DX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Great fun factor vehicle. I am getting about 25-26 miles per gallon with manual transmission. This is a great car that would serve the all the purposes: vacation, basic transportation, big item moving or purchasing. Mine is a DX, so the only thing I miss is the cruise control, everything else is very well thought and placed. I love my Element,and I plan to have it for a good while. Buyer beware: if you drive it, you'll like it... and buy it.

Good Vehicle
By Rocky on 01/05/07 01:42 AM (PST)

2004 Honda Element DX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've enjoyed the vehicle. and would recommend it to anyone. this is my first Honda and I would buy again. US made does not come close. My other car is US and there is always something going wrong with it. I've got 11,000 on the Honda and only one small A/C vent broke on me.

jabtokar
By jabtokar on 12/18/05 16:32 PM (PST)

2004 Honda Element DX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Only maintenance service required, no problems, comfortable, love the raised back seats so my grandchildren can see out the front window, love the way the seats store when I have to pick up large things or loads, love the way the car handles both around town and on the highway. I have had people stop me in parking lots and ask to see the inside and I think I have help the dealer sell a bunch. There are more on the road around here every day. Just saw a new one in the driveway of one of my neighbors. We just check the totally around town stop and go mileage and it was about 23 mpg. Functional, comfortable, sensible, easy to keep clean, my husband, who called it ugly drives it a lot.

Fun little truck
By rainEdriver on 10/06/05 00:21 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Element DX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I'm a cheap-skate. I wanted a small, thrifty truck, but it seems nobody makes 'em anymore...so I went with Honda's Element. This thing is a hoot to drive. I'm no racer, so maybe I don't expect too much; but I find this little box hustles. I'd have been happy with less; given ever-rising gas prices, I want even more than the about 29 mpg it's averaged over the first 15,000 miles. I leave my back seats in the garage, and treat it as a 2-seater. No, you can't hose it out, but otherwise it is extremely durable and versatile for light hauling, camping or grocery-getting.

its groovy baby
By anthony a from ca on 09/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Element DX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

the element was the first new car i ever bought and even though its been over half a year since i purchased it, it is still as fun and exciting to drive as the day i took it off the lot

Don't Believe the Hype
By Element Owners on 09/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Element DX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

No matter what everyone says, don't hose this one out. We did, as indicated on a number of web sites and a $566 repair bill resulted. Honda will not pay for the repair because it was "not a manufacturing defect." The salesman told us we could hose it out, too. Honda is content to get the business from folks who want "easy clean," but when people buy the car because of this feature, they don't stand behind you.

Perfect Package for Me
By carebear on 05/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Element DX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My lease ran up on my civic and I went into the dealership to exchange the civic for an accord. After the dealer listened to my needs as what I wanted out of my next vehicle, he suggested the element. To be honest, I wasn't very attracted to the looks of them, but he convinced me to take it for a test drive. I fell in love with it and have had no regrets!! The interior is very roomy, with lots of extra compartments. I have a dog, so the waterproof seats and flooring are great for water spills, etc. The stereo system is nice, too. Overall, I would recommend this car to anyone wanting something roomy, reliable and affordable.

Love this empty nester vehicle!
By Hilander on 05/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Element DX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Great headroom, perfect for active "empty nest" lifestyle. Great for anything from loading gardening equipment to mountain bikes because of rear seat and headroom and also great to wash out when dirty! Love the handling and the fun of the drive. ALso like its distinctive shape.

LOVE THE ATTENTION!!!
By sweetsroz on 03/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Honda Element DX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Now that I am in the Element, I get heads turning all of the time. Being a female, I love the attention!!! It's like a morale booster. Everyone says that it is Huge on the inside. I had been waiting for years to find that SUV that would catch my attention. I liked the Honda CRV and even the Sportage but nothing took my breath away like the Element did. When I first laid my eyes on that vehicle, I chased that man down just to see what was it. It was like love at first sight! Three weeks later I was driving in my new HONDA ELEMENT!!!