Wish I still had it!
By hnewton on
2003 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)
I put probably 32,000 miles on my Honda in two years. I never had any problems with it. It did make a weird noise when I turned really sharp, it was not a big deal. I bought the car with about 95,000 mile on it and it did that when I bought it. The dealership said it was because of the AWD. I drove a different one a year later and it did not do that. Besides oil changes, I only spent 350.00 on it the entire time I owned it. That was for breaks and its 100,000 mile maintenance. I thought it would need a new belt, but it has a timing chain that last 300,000 miles! We really used this car for what it can be used for. Camping, hauling, animals, etc. The seats are very durable! Seats four.
Favorite Features
No carpet, the carpet inserts are nice too. We had a trailer hitch and hauled our lawn equip. and a motorcycle with it. The seats lay down fold up or can be removed. The only reason I don't have this car anymore is because I got into a car accident with it. I would say it's safe!
Suggested Improvements
The center console is on the floor and is open to the passenger side. If you have a bottle or something on the floor it can roll onto the driver side. The Front cup holders are not the best. Seat belts must be off to open doors! It was always funny when we forgot! I highly recommend this car!