2003 Honda Element 2.4L 4-cyl. AWD 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Where Is Honda Quality

2003 Honda Element - Consumer Review

EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4-cyl. AWD 5-speed Manual)

Where Is Honda Quality
By Steve on

2003 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is the 3rd Honda we owned, but we have big reservations about this one. The fit and finish is not so Honda- like. Many of dashboard panels rattle after the first year-maybe caused by the Honda installed alarm system? The plastic cover over the rear seat hinges keeps on coming lose. The worst of all, is the wind-shield. It cracked twice without any reason. The first time while I was driving it. Sounded like a stone landed on it when there were no car of truck in front of me. The dealer insisted that it was caused by a rock, and not a defect! But then it happend again 3 months later. Now I drive around with a cracked windshield that I wouldn't fix, and I am telling everybody about it.

Favorite Features

agile and secure. AWD great in bad weather and deep snow. Versatility of cargo space.

Suggested Improvements

seat belts should not be hooked on to the rear door. Blind spots above the side mirrors are huge. Need side mirror defrost, seat heater, and more space for knee. My wife is 5'3", but she can't drive this car because her knee is pressed hard against the lower portion of the dash board.