2003 Honda Element Consumer Review: 2003 Honda Element EX AWD 2W (

2003 Honda Element - Consumer Review

EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

2003 Honda Element EX AWD 2W (2.4L
By Cris on

2003 Honda Element EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I was the 1st person to have this kind of car in Texas, people looked me at as if I was from outer space or some kinda stupid to have a bread toaster looking car. But I don't mind that negative image because I was more concerned about the space and style versatility of the car. After driving this for 5 years now, I realized that I hate this car at all. I drove Nissan, Toyota, Porsche, Dodge, Chevy, Mazda and I realized the difference. There are far more better cars out there than Honda. I give credit to the reliability of this company but because of this prestige they had, they were too overconfident about their market and they made less effort of better design and worth your money to buy their car.

Cargo space, passenger leg room, easy to clean, clam shell door, no carpet, roominess/loadability, seat versatility, wide open door, removable seats, cabinet type door opening.

Poor gas mileage, too boxy, very woobly driving on highway, passenger back door should independently open w/o opening 2 front doors first, cheap looking dashboard, rear seat should accomodate 3 passenger (eliminate the plastic cup holder), center of gravity too high, bad blind spot, metals easily rust