2003 Honda Element Consumer Review: Rock magnet

2003 Honda Element - Consumer Review

DX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Rock magnet
By MsShawnPhx on

2003 Honda Element DX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I had my element for almost 2 years. I got a lot of comments on how ugly the exterior design was, but it wasn't nearly as boxy as Land Rover, XB or even Hummer in my opinion. The classic min-woody quality is what drew me to it. I was able to fit my 450 lb 6'3" husband, as well as a 6'5" friend in the front as well as back seats. I am 5'3" and had no issues with my height in the vehicle. The large windshield will attrack every rock on the road. I did have to have the driver's seat replaced, due to some of the stitching coming apart, and the track bent.

Wide view from windows for siteseeing. Retro feel of the dial panel, looks like classic Chevy. The utility of having no carpet(ease of vacuuming-all the dirt goes to the corners-but you can see it more too).

Include atleast a basic radio on the DX package, I asked the sales man about the brochure and he told me it came with a radio, and I was furious when I got the car without it. Reduce the amount of road noise in vehicle. Regular doors instead of suicide. Higher quality dash. More colors.