Never loved a car before in my life!
By sarahkate on
2003 Honda Element DX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)
Cars were always simply a way to get places for me, until I bought my Element! I have 154000 miles on it. I have done basic maintenance; brakes, struts and only just did my exhaust. I do have the original clutch, tho! It does not look 9 years old, either. I only have 1 complaint and that is that Honda has stopped making it!!! I was looking forward to a second Element when I need to replace this one. I am hoping that by that time Honda will have reissued it. I love my Element so much that I convinced both my sisters to get one!
Favorite Features
Space, space, space! So much space by either folding up the rear seats or taking them out completely. For a 4 cylinder car it has quite a bit of zip, too. There is no lag getting on highways, etc. It also handles like a dream. Even after 9 years I get the same mileage as when I first bought it. I have the FWD model but with snow tires we call it my bulldozer. New England winters have given it a real workout! It is so easy to keep clean, specifically the floors.
Suggested Improvements
I honestly can not think of one improvement needed. Of course, except that Honda has to start making them again!!!!