2003 Honda Element SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Element model:
MyElement
By V Jones on 01/13/05 14:14 PM (PST)

2003 Honda Element SUV DX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love my element. It gets great gas mileage. It is so versatile. I've camped in it many times over the years. Alot of people have negitive comments on how it looks then I give them the full tour and what all it can do, then thier whole attitude changes about the car and go away liking, if not loving the car. I have fully enjoyed owning and driving my Element

Never again
By andy on 12/20/04 17:20 PM (PST)

2003 Honda Element SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

At first my wife and I loved this vehicle, then the problems started, tires are worn out and there's barely 12k on the car. It is very difficult to get the rear seats out without scratching your tailgate. The vehicle shifts very clumsily and the power is less than adequate. One the plus side the gas mileage is very good and the visibility excellent once you get used to the A-pillar in the front. All in all though we are considering getting rid of the car because of the issues that have arisen in one year.

6'8 with plenty of room to spare
By Massachusetts on 12/14/04 16:38 PM (PST)

2003 Honda Element SUV DX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My favorite thing is that it has a manual transmission. The car rides great in the snow and rain, the stereo Kicks and head room is no problem at all, Could use an inch or two of leg room. If you are thinking of getting a 4WD and want an easy to keep clen car this is for you.

The tailgate machine
By pennstate99 on 11/23/04 19:54 PM (PST)

2003 Honda Element SUV DX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

fun to drive, get a lot of looks, lots of room for tailgating, and camping. thought was ugly at first, but it grows on you.

forget the kids i bought it for me
By pitts on 11/11/04 19:02 PM (PST)

2003 Honda Element SUV DX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

All the bells and whistles of a cadillac - killer stereo. thank god i didn't get a gas hog. real fun and a tremendous conversation piece, We call it the little hum (akaHummer)20 bucks a week for gas 14000 miles and no real problems

grandpa digs his element
By a .francesco on 10/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Element SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

i fought my wife all the way,here.i did't want to part with 1990 crx si.but she said i needed the room for when i took the grand children on vacation. it has definitly has grow on me. the element will go more places,carry more, dives great,good on gas,and looks cool.and with honda quaility i know the element will give me years of dependible service.

SMALL TUFF AND LOADED.....
By RAY RAY... on 08/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Element SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

IM A CAR BUFF WHO LOVES HIS RIDES I HAVE HAD 41 AUTOS THIS ONE IS #42. I AM ONLY 40 YEARS OF AGE BY THE WAY. IVE WAITED FOR OVER ONE YEAR AND 2 AUTOS LATER I FINALLY BROKE DOWN AND DROVE ONE HOME. I LOVE IT JUST LIKE I KNEW I WOULD ITS THE BOMB. THANKS HONDA YOU DID YOUR HOMEWORK AND THEN SOME......

storage
By Porterhill on 08/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Element SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

One would think a SUV would have storage. Not! Space for storage is non-existent. There is space under the body alongside the spare and under the passenger side that Honda could have used but didn’t. Where does one store tire chains or a first aid kit or for that matter a 6-pak without it sliding around. They could have made a larger glove box, as there is wasted space there as well. It might have been nice if Honda had not placed devices under the front passenger seat so one could slip long items under (like the mast to my wind surfer). I wind surf and mountain bike and can carry all toys inside. Most often I use the roof rack for the board.

The element the box the crv came in.
By doughboy on 08/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Element SUV DX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have had this (thing) the toaster as I call it for 5 months and let me tell you people point and stare so if you dont like the looks people give or the pointing forget it this suv's not for you.I had a CRV before this and I loved it but it just felt cramped and let me tell you thats not the case with this, someone could get lost in this thing if you aren't carefull!!! The comments total strangers give (good or bad) will break the ice anytime anywhere. So this is the Suv you either Love or love to Hate so get your while supplies last

Almost perfect
By nikkimm4 on 07/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Element SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Over all I love it. My only negative is the windshield (Achiles' heel). It gets cracked with every tiny pebble. I have a few minor suggestions but they do not detract from the overall utility of the vehicle. Seats up for field work or taking the dogs to the lake, quick vacuum and wipe, seats down and I drive my family to dinner. I still get amazed at how much can fit in there.