Used 2003 Honda Element Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Honda Element - Consumer Reviews

2003 Honda Element

View reviews for a specific Element model:

Honda Element is a great family, fun car
By Dana

2003 Honda Element DX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Love this vehicle and would buy another. With no carpeting, tons of space, and fold up seats, we can fit the kids and all their stuff, or appliances. Gas mileage is okay - around 21 in the city and I drive 100 miles a day. It's real comfortable on long trips, though I wish a passenger front armrest was standard. MP3 compatible, and outlets everywhere. And the best is no carpet to get smelly from wet or dirty shoes; just vacuum it out, and we're ready to go. Truly fun to drive, though the back seats sit up high and adults usually think it's weird; but I love it! Already looking to see what the new ones have, and might trade it in for another. Great family vehicle.

Favorite Features

No carpet to get ruined, sits up nice and high, and it's fun to drive.

Suggested Improvements

Needs a passenger armrest up front and under the seat storage bins for the front seats.

Happy Driving
By Larry

2003 Honda Element DX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is an excellent multi-functional vehicle. It has rapidaly become our primary vehicle over our truck and sports car. The dogs love it (Mr. 40# & Ms. 80#) Excellent quality and flat out fun. Holds 4 adults with respective golf clubs and room for two more sets of clubs. The 80 plus mother's fit too! Great for easy clean up after camping, beach or other trips. We could go on but don't want to bore you.

Favorite Features

Lay down seats, with rubber floor mats and seats that fold up plus are removable.

Suggested Improvements

Hand grips at windshield posts. Higher drink cup holders.

Roomy
By David

2003 Honda Element EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

It's roomy. It's tough. Most people can't believe the space available when the seats are folded up or removed. The armrest on the passenger seat should be standard. That would be a plus.

Driving in HD!
By Nicole

2003 Honda Element EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

When I first took a test drive I immediatly fell in love. I was always afraid of driving suvs. I always drove compact vehicles but was tired of asking people to help me get and move stuff. Now with 2 large dogs, I had to bite the bullet and nothing seemed realistic to me, and I always thought the element looked cool. Umm, the turning radius on this is sick. No need to do a 3 point turn, just turn! It is like driving in high def, I feel like its a movie. Such a great car, no need to speed because you enjoy driving so much, and usually I hate being the one to drive but now I love it.

Favorite Features

The running boards are a definite help. And, must have are the fog lights. The sub woofer is definitely cool. Suicide door has made my life a whole lot easier. I like the moon roof comes out.

Suggested Improvements

I wish it had ac in the back but not a huge deal. I wish the moonroof had a slide shade and the window did the same. I would like to see the mid range in speakers to be less muddy but can easily be fixed by replacing.

Strong Element
By Barton

2003 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I cannot say enough good things about Honda in general. With that said, they Element is a beast of a truck/car/suv, too much storage, extremely roomy interior, especially for tall people. I'm 6'5" and have tons of headroom and legspace! Runs flawlessy!

Favorite Features

Rear removeable skylight, all-wheel drive, tons of room inside, practical, reliable.

Suggested Improvements

Need to have a warning sound when you leave your lights on and remove your key. Although I have heard they fixed this in the '04 models.