2003 Honda Element - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Element model:
Awesome Orange
By Charlotte Holt on 06/27/05 19:26 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Element EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love it.. when I first saw them I thought they were so ugly they were cute. Now I just think it's so cute. It drives nice, rides nice, and cleans up so easy.. We race and get alot of mud and it washes right out. Grandkids are no longer reason for panic.. If they spill it cleans right up..I loved my CRV but carpet and cloth seats were a problem, especially at the track.. Love the theater seating when they stick me in the back.. That's when I let them drive it..Wouldn't trade it..

Very very versatile vehicle
By Mike on 06/20/05 02:22 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Powerfull enough, great fuel economy, lots of leg room front and back, rear seats easily removable, lots and lots of cargo space for a vehicle this size, excellent sound system (EX), plastic bumper covers are easily replaceable, whoever thought of replaceable bumper covers should be given an award. excellent on snowy roads (with AWD), very very practical car

Rock magnet
By MsShawnPhx on 03/29/05 21:11 PM (PST)

2003 Honda Element DX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I had my element for almost 2 years. I got a lot of comments on how ugly the exterior design was, but it wasn't nearly as boxy as Land Rover, XB or even Hummer in my opinion. The classic min-woody quality is what drew me to it. I was able to fit my 450 lb 6'3" husband, as well as a 6'5" friend in the front as well as back seats. I am 5'3" and had no issues with my height in the vehicle. The large windshield will attrack every rock on the road. I did have to have the driver's seat replaced, due to some of the stitching coming apart, and the track bent.

Love my green machine
By Jet Carey on 03/23/05 20:05 PM (PST)

2003 Honda Element DX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This car is great. So far, 24,000 miles and only routine maintenance. Tires have held up great. We have horrendous winters here and the car handles great in the snow. As avid cyclists, we love to just throw our bikes and all our gear in the back. We got the side steps and they look great.

Great Car!
By Elephant on 03/13/05 22:56 PM (PST)

2003 Honda Element EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This car is awesome in many ways. Lots of room for anything, and very well thought out. All the benefits of a larger SUV, with few trade offs.

Element's damage in accident
By Alycen on 02/28/05 17:10 PM (PST)

2003 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My husband wanted it SO bad! I wanted the Ford Escape. Thank God he convinced me! In the icy snow, we totaled our 03 Element and it saved our lives! Unfortunately, the 20 mph impact into a mountainside and then into a tree did a lot of damage to the front end and rear suspension, but it's a tough little truck with a lot of safety features people don't know about! Other then minor bruises from the seatbelts, we WALKED away happy customers and on our way to Honda to buy a 2005!

safety defect
By big defect on 02/26/05 14:26 PM (PST)

2003 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Be forwarned the element has a safty defect. The front windshield breaks due to a design fault in the front pillers. Honda needs to recall these and fix this problem. Several web sites are now dedicated to this. Just search element windshield cracks or failures. this car deserves a zero rating until this is corrected. Our element has had 2 failures in less than 6 months. This appears to now be the norm with this car. Edmunds should tell it like it is and not allow cars with defects to be listed on thier site unless the problem is fixed. Honda won't own up to it and it is now time to trade this defect in.

I love my element
By Catwoman on 02/04/05 23:16 PM (PST)

2003 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Element. I have had a lot of people stop me at the gas station, restaurant parking lots to admire it. It is comfortable, roomy and easy to keep clean if you spill a lot of coffee or soda. No worries about soiling carpet. It has a lot of room for moving furniture, boxes, etc. The only thing I am not thrilled with is the stereo. It is ok but nothing to write home about.

Honda Element EX AWD 2003
By Jimmy on 01/17/05 09:01 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The 2003 Element EX AWD is a very verastile Element in all ways, you can use it as a suv, car, van, milti purpose vehicle!

MyElement
By V Jones on 01/13/05 14:14 PM (PST)

2003 Honda Element DX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love my element. It gets great gas mileage. It is so versatile. I've camped in it many times over the years. Alot of people have negitive comments on how it looks then I give them the full tour and what all it can do, then thier whole attitude changes about the car and go away liking, if not loving the car. I have fully enjoyed owning and driving my Element