Used 2003 Honda Element Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Honda Element - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Element model:

GinLaguna
By G. Miles

2003 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Love my Honda Element and would buy another one but am waiting for them to do another design so it doesn't look just like the one I am driving now which is a 2003. I like the green of the 2003 but not the 2007 green.

Carry my dog all around town so like to have the one back seat up so he can walk around

Get better sun shades for the front and sides to block out sun.Better lighting for the control panel so you can see the gas left and the mileage better.

It doesn't get better
By Paul Nerenberg

2003 Honda Element DX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

With my very high mileage driving at mostly high speeds on all sorts of road conditions, I can truthfully say that the Element is the most pleasurable vehicle of the more than 20 I have owned. At close to 100,000 miles, I am not pleased that the struts must be replaced at extremely high cost. Other than that, I recommend this vehicle to family, friends, neighbors and strangers every chance I get.

The driver's side front door needs electric switches to open and close the rear side windows. That's all she needs.

I am in my Element
By Sue

2003 Honda Element DX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought someone's deal gone bad so I got some toys I might not have added to the vehicle, but I am glad I have them now. It is fun to drive. The manual shift lever is very handy (short throw)- positioned like a sports car. I love being high off the road and everyone is AMAZED at the room inside it. I use it for moving around displays and large boxes in my business.

No carpet, lots of room and the stock CD player is not bad.

have the sun roof available in all models.

2003 Honda Element
By Bob Berry

2003 Honda Element DX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Love My Element!!! I Knew Honda would Ultimately offer painted fenders. Mine were added in 2003!!

Turn Radius. Roominess. Loadability.

More legroom for driver over 6 ft. Lighter (lbs.) rear seats.

Love my Element!!
By Sarah

2003 Honda Element EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I am 47 years old and have always seen cars as simply a way to get places. I have never actually "loved" a car before. I love my Element!! I love the outdoors and lugging my kayak around is never a problem for me now. The seats are so versatile: I moved my daughter to and from college 3 years running by removing the back seats and loading it up- and you know how much girls bring to college! It is easy to get my elderly parents (both are 81) in and out. It is fun to drive; I have the 5 speed and love the location of the stick. I had one of the first ones in my area and was stopped on the street many times to tell people about my car. It is easy to clean as no carpets! I love my Element!!!

My favorite feature is the versatility of the seats. Remove completely or fold up for unexpected large hauls. I also love the stick location. That's cool!! I loved my Element so much that both my sisters got them, too! We now refer to each other as the Silver one, Orange one and Blue one!

I don't think you could do it due to the removable seats but the only thing I can think of is making the rear seats hold 3 passengers instead of 2. Beyond that, I can think of nothing.