2003 Honda Element - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Element model:
Don's review
By Don on 12/14/05 13:03 PM (PST)

2003 Honda Element DX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We purchased the Element AWD as a replacement for an Explorer. We have had no regrets, as we can now carry far more cargo, as we have more room. We were pleased with the interior as we have dogs that travel with us and it is very easy to clean. The fuel mileage is as advertised, and not blown out of proportion. Most of our driving is highway/interstate speeds between our homes in Fla. and the mountians of N. Georgia, and have never had a problem maintaining speed in the mountains, even while towing a small trailer with ATV.

Never believe how amazing this box is!!!
By TheCar on 12/08/05 21:44 PM (PST)

2003 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Most amazing car ever. I’m 5’0” and I fit perfectly. Best Friend is 6’6” and drives his in comfort, too! I'm a mountain biker and I just throw my bike in the back, covered in mud, dripping with slime. Let the mud dry, sweep it out, and wipe with damp rage. Voila, like new. I can fit 2 mtn. bikes in the back by just folding up the seats, without removing any tires! I have a German Shepherd and the fur monster loves it, and I love sweeping out the dog fur. No more hours with an upholstery brush to get fur out. Perfect moonroof-Fold down the seats and gaze up at the stars while you doze off in full length comfort. It’s ugly, but I get envious looks when I fit a queen set in the back, no sweat.

Do your research b4 buying it!
By caveman on 11/10/05 09:42 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Element EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a used 2wd Ex with 31k on it. After 7 months I put in 17k. Here are my experiences with this car. WHAT'S HOT: Versatile (can carry large object like a truck when rear seats remove or flip up), great interior design, roomy, Honda reliability, high seats. WHAT'S NOT: Wind/road noise (way noiser than typical car), cheap plastic interior, too many rattles (trust me - it will be very annoying), hold your steering wheel tight in a windy way on a freeway, it's ugly, seats are uncomfortable because it's pretty flat, windshield prone to crack, rocking driver seat, tires wore quickly, over rated stereo (speakers are terrible), payload on 675 lbs, seats only for 4.

A Perfect Vehicle?
By Vincent Joyce on 11/09/05 22:50 PM (PST)

2003 Honda Element EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I was very impressed by just sitting in the Element at an auto show. After purchasing, my admiration for this little vehicle only grows each day. The room inside is beyond anything I've ever been in, and although the ride is a little harsh, I wouldn't trade it for the world.

Best Room for the Price
By Mark on 11/03/05 16:54 PM (PST)

2003 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought my Element used and have been very satisfied. Stepped down from a '99 Tahoe and love the versatility and fuel economy. Goes just about anywhere with only slightly less comfort. Very stable and very manuverable in traffic.

Ele is great!
By Hark12 on 10/27/05 12:40 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Element DX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Element...It is wonderful for carrying my greyhound, luggage, bikes and husband all at the same time! I do wish that the rear windows rolled down- the dog misses sticking her head out of the window while we're driving. My only other qualm is the location of the moonroof- I paid for the car- I should be able to look up at the clouds!! I would highly recommend the element to anyone who wants a small SUV that gets good gas mileage and has plenty of room (we also carried our Christmas tree home in the Element last year- we stood it up and poked the top through the moonroof!)

Fun
By cb on 10/15/05 10:17 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The Honda Element is definitely a head- turner. 18,000 miles so far - only problem a defective/cracked windshield. Otherwise it's been a great car. A little noisy but nothing terrible. Great for long trips, camping, shopping, etc. Gas milage is 19 mpg at best. Over-all very satisfied.

Element of Fun
By Wayne on 10/08/05 09:19 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

No problems whatsoever. Very dependable. It's comfortable and fun to drive. Love to get stares from people.

Quality wise-the best vehicle ever owned
By Steve Bullard on 08/11/05 17:36 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Element EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Fun to drive, and,at 35,000 miles,not a single problem. Great build quality. When I first bought it I though the seat material would be hot (like leather). But even in the Houston summers the seats have been just like fabric seats. I do wish Honda would come up with a way to seat 3 in the back seat...offer a option of a full bench. Even if it could not be stowed within the vehicle and took 2 people to remove it. It really can't be useful for a family unless it seats 5. I would not hesitate to recommend an Element.

Beware of Blind Spot
By Fran on 08/11/05 11:19 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I loved my Element until I was driving in the LA Convention Center Parking Lot, and hit a post. I had never done anything like this before. After going through weeks of repair, and self recrimination, I thought that because I'm not tall, the blind spot was worse. Then my husband (tall) almost missed a pedestrian in turning left. Beware of the blind spot as you turn left. I am in the process of replacing this car.