2003 Honda Element - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Element model:
Honda Element
By resumepro on 07/06/06 05:42 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love it. As a middle aged boater /fisherman/family man(2 kids) it gives me everything I need. My 16 year old is chomping at the bit to get it when she graduates high school. At the price I paid, it is unbeatable for value.

Quite the SUV!
By Jesse on 06/07/06 14:08 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Element EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

It is a pleasure to drive. It has excellent control, decent acceleration for an SUV, and a turning radius that can get you through any tight parking situation or do a fast three point turn. The only problem is that the wind can often blow the car off course during highway driving. This is rather dangerous and you therefore have to keep your speeds way down on windy days. It is due to the car's aerodynamic (or lack of one) design and therefore most likely unfixable in later models.

Beware the RUST!!!
By bryansail on 05/17/06 07:35 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a super clean low mileage Element in Detroit in late 2005. The vehicle has only 14K miles and still well under the 3yr/36K Honda warranty. The car had surface rust on fixtures and bracket, esp in the engine area. Honda refuses to take resp. and fix this obvious design flaw. So don't buy a Honda anywhere where there is road salt because you may well be sorry! I've been slowly fixing the rust at my expense and time.

Practical
By Kendo on 05/09/06 07:24 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This car has been perfect for me. I am an outdoorsman and it has been with me through the mountains and to the sea.

RIP the "great pumpkin"
By UrgentOrange on 04/27/06 12:04 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I had a wonderful time with my orange 2003 Element. The combination of reasonable fuel economy (for an SUV), a large amount of carrying space and versatility made for a great experience. Great for passengers and cargo alike. I'm really going to miss putting my bikes and kayak in the back of it. Unfortunately, I had to say goodbye to it as I recently experienced a rollover accident, and the car is totaled. **It held up very well under the circumstances**. The car did a complete rollover and landed on its tires. I was lucky, plus wearing a seatbelt, and walked away without injury.

my element
By biles on 03/04/06 17:08 PM (PST)

2003 Honda Element EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

i feel very safe, able to see all around, especially with back seats put up. no blind spots

Where Is Honda Quality
By Steve on 02/03/06 19:38 PM (PST)

2003 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is the 3rd Honda we owned, but we have big reservations about this one. The fit and finish is not so Honda- like. Many of dashboard panels rattle after the first year-maybe caused by the Honda installed alarm system? The plastic cover over the rear seat hinges keeps on coming lose. The worst of all, is the wind-shield. It cracked twice without any reason. The first time while I was driving it. Sounded like a stone landed on it when there were no car of truck in front of me. The dealer insisted that it was caused by a rock, and not a defect! But then it happend again 3 months later. Now I drive around with a cracked windshield that I wouldn't fix, and I am telling everybody about it.

Elemental
By Hunter on 01/19/06 10:04 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Great car, or BOX as it were. We use it for a dog/camping/hauling car and its utility body serves us well. This is a replacement for a '87 Real Time Civic wagon which has 212k on it. Still commute with it, but getting tired. The famous and deserved Honda reliabilty is definitely there in the Element. TONS of interior room even for very tall people. Handles just like you'd expect it to looking at it (NOT a "sporty" drive). 4 wheel disc brakes are great, 4 cyl. IV-Tech is a bit small for this vehicle (perfect for the Civic SI!). Works hard to maintain highway speed on long grades out here in the West. Not dog friendly as Fido can't see out. Suicide doors make getting out clumsy in parking lot

Very Practical Car
By Angela on 12/18/05 19:12 PM (PST)

2003 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Element as it is the most versatile, practical vehicle I have ever owned. I can move the seats around and haul most anything. It is easy to clean since it has no carpeting. The all wheel drive has been most useful this year since we have had more snow and ice than usual. It gets great mileage for an SUV (about 22 mpg around town and 25 on the interstate) and I feel very safe in it. I will buy another Element, but next time I will get the side air bags.

Don's review
By Don on 12/14/05 13:03 PM (PST)

2003 Honda Element DX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We purchased the Element AWD as a replacement for an Explorer. We have had no regrets, as we can now carry far more cargo, as we have more room. We were pleased with the interior as we have dogs that travel with us and it is very easy to clean. The fuel mileage is as advertised, and not blown out of proportion. Most of our driving is highway/interstate speeds between our homes in Fla. and the mountians of N. Georgia, and have never had a problem maintaining speed in the mountains, even while towing a small trailer with ATV.