Used 2003 Honda Element SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Honda Element SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Element model:

first time love for a car/49yrs old
By ideacandy2112

2003 Honda Element SUV DX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

the car is roomy, drives very well, has good speed pickup and is cute..i have yet to go to anywhere ... where someone has not inquired about my "baby"...i have bought many, many cars in my life and the experience w/santa ana honda makes we want to go back every week...they were the 5star hotel of car sales...thank you again

tooooooo many...but it is cute

another compartment of maybe fold away table in front for stuff...not enough, love, love, love my car

A "do-it-all" four seater.
By pfeffer

2003 Honda Element SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is my first Honda. The reputation for build quality is evident from the start. If you can live with a four passenger vehicle, this is probably the best bang for the buck out there. Highly practical and easy to use, converting to a mini-truck in seconds. I like it and would get another in an instant.

Side foldup rear seats. Vinyl floor, waterproof seating. Rear seat leg room.

Side crash safety improvements.

Best elements of all vehicles
By juannyc

2003 Honda Element SUV EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I really am enjoying my Element DX (FWD) have 12,000 miles on it! The fuel economy average is about 27 mpg. It has enough power to get the job done and can pass another car OK. Has done well off the beaten path too. I traded my 2002 CR-V for an Element and it handles much better, corners confidently, has a smoother ride, seats have more hip-room (not as comfortable), and feels a lot bigger inside. Can move furniture with great ease; great for car camping. Folding seats work well, though require some strength. Its a good value, doesn't waste gas and like the looks, I highly recommend it Besides being a reliable Honda, it's just FUN to drive!

Fun to drive - better than expected fuel economy - good handling - good visibilty - roomy - fair power - pragmatic design

Pathetic cargo load of 675 lbs.(tows 1500 lbs.)- ABS brakes and Cruise Control come bundled with expensive option packages only - Skylight over the rear cargo area

My Element has problems!
By DEF532

2003 Honda Element SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Battery is dead if not driven in 7-15 days and the dealer can't figure out why. They replaced the battery, radio, multiplex unit and amplifier and something is still draining the battery. It's now under Lemon Law, which is a real joke. Runs great if you can get it started.

The 160 hp is terrific! and comes in handy. It's got spunk!

Reduce pillar width and make back windows to let in fresh air.

My "Poor Man's" Hummer.........Love it.
By "jack" frost

2003 Honda Element SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The only problem I've had....a 6 month wait for the 5 speed model, but it was worth the wait.Love everything about it,smooth drive,great soundsystem,and head-turning looks.I'm obviously into the "ugly factor"in a big way as my 2 Shar-Pei's just love to cruise around town...especially with the back window in the raised position.I'd like a dollar for every time I've been asked "is that the new Hummer"....Hey,it's the Midwest,what can I say.

Love the "Stick" position, Great Stereo,handles well in both wet and dry conditions,heaps of room in front and back and the Suicide doors are just....Cool.

Would love to have normal backseat windows,a powered sunroof in front as well as at the back would be just the ticket,but overall, no complaints, its a great drive.