Used 2003 Honda Element Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Honda Element - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Element model:

first time love for a car/49yrs old
By ideacandy2112

2003 Honda Element DX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

the car is roomy, drives very well, has good speed pickup and is cute..i have yet to go to anywhere ... where someone has not inquired about my "baby"...i have bought many, many cars in my life and the experience w/santa ana honda makes we want to go back every week...they were the 5star hotel of car sales...thank you again

tooooooo many...but it is cute

another compartment of maybe fold away table in front for stuff...not enough, love, love, love my car

A "do-it-all" four seater.
By pfeffer

2003 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is my first Honda. The reputation for build quality is evident from the start. If you can live with a four passenger vehicle, this is probably the best bang for the buck out there. Highly practical and easy to use, converting to a mini-truck in seconds. I like it and would get another in an instant.

Side foldup rear seats. Vinyl floor, waterproof seating. Rear seat leg room.

Side crash safety improvements.

Best elements of all vehicles
By juannyc

2003 Honda Element EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I really am enjoying my Element DX (FWD) have 12,000 miles on it! The fuel economy average is about 27 mpg. It has enough power to get the job done and can pass another car OK. Has done well off the beaten path too. I traded my 2002 CR-V for an Element and it handles much better, corners confidently, has a smoother ride, seats have more hip-room (not as comfortable), and feels a lot bigger inside. Can move furniture with great ease; great for car camping. Folding seats work well, though require some strength. Its a good value, doesn't waste gas and like the looks, I highly recommend it Besides being a reliable Honda, it's just FUN to drive!

Fun to drive - better than expected fuel economy - good handling - good visibilty - roomy - fair power - pragmatic design

Pathetic cargo load of 675 lbs.(tows 1500 lbs.)- ABS brakes and Cruise Control come bundled with expensive option packages only - Skylight over the rear cargo area

My Element has problems!
By DEF532

2003 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Battery is dead if not driven in 7-15 days and the dealer can't figure out why. They replaced the battery, radio, multiplex unit and amplifier and something is still draining the battery. It's now under Lemon Law, which is a real joke. Runs great if you can get it started.

The 160 hp is terrific! and comes in handy. It's got spunk!

Reduce pillar width and make back windows to let in fresh air.

great car to drive.......
By djs227

2003 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

fantastic car/truck handles lke a car very roomie interior and very comfortable ride. If i had a worry it would be the exterior plastic moulding seems to me like something that will get scratched or marred and not be repairable. It has not happenned to me but it gives me that impression. I also would have taken the plastic moulding and had it go on the bottom half of the doos so it wouldn't look so "patchy".. I guess i had to say something not so positive about a car i absolutely enjoy drivin when you sit in the car it is like an oasis it is so roomie and you wouldn't think that by looking at the outside of the vehicle. Very good car to drive.

roomie interior. NIce look to the dash and the stereo system is great.

plastic moulding on the body should be matched to the color of the body of the car to take away the look of it being "patchy"