2003 Honda Element - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Element model:
just right SUV
By Michael K Hagan on 01/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

So far so good. I have owned my green Element EX 4 wheel drive automatic for two weeks, and am very pleased. My other car is a Mustang GT convertible. The Element is not underpowered (for my uses, mostly intown commuting and hauling stuff), as some reviewers [including Edmunds.com] had suggested. Everything inside seems spacious and sensibly designed. I looked at SUV's and cross-overs, and this Element suited my needs best; not too formal or faux luxurious and not cheap looking either. I am really taken with the design.

Finally something's different.
By NKGA on 01/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This car is a great car because it's very practical and unique in many ways. Unlike V6, this car has only Inline-4 with 160 hps,which gives a decent fuel economy and proformance. One more thing, every where I go, I always get the attention from people, and all my friends love it when I drive it to school.

Awesomeness in Mini Hummer
By Dan289 on 01/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Love my Element. I had a Toyota Tundra limited and traded it in for this baby. My expierience has been great. Comfort, roominess and convenience. Fits all my needs. I got it green and I think it's the best color. I have not enjoyed driving until the Element came along, but now. I just can't seem to get out of my Element!

Everything I Hoped For And MORE!
By surkh on 01/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Element EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I'd been waiting for this puppy to be released for a while. So far it's lived up to all of my expectations, and MORE. The 'beds' are a lot more comfortable than I expected. It's very peppy, much more so than I expected. The shifter is great too and perfectly placed. And the handling is unbeleivably better than I expected. Basically like a coupe. There's very little Body roll, and the grip is amazing for a vehicle this tall. It's also fun great demonstrating it for everyone. I'm VERY happy I bought it, and I expect to take LOTS of road trips in the near future in wonderful comfort, with my 20GB MP3 Player! :-)

The Baby Hummer
By M. Black on 01/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The Element handles well and the various configurations make the SUV very user friendly. The exterior and interior design are cool, not like your everyday grocery getter. Honda's Realtime 4WD is great in the snow.

I love my Element
By bobznuff on 01/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I am proud to say that I am one of the first with this great vehicle. I have had it for about a month now and I still love it as much as when I first saw it. It is funny how many comments I get every day about the Element, people love it or hate it. I have had no problems yet except poor gas mileage, the mechanic said that it will improve.

Element; Not just for "surfer dudes"
By KPA on 01/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I think we're the first to own an Element in our area and we love it. We've been getting favorable stares left and right. It's very reasonably priced and you get a lot. The ride is pretty smooth and the pickup is great. The interior design is really unique and easy to access. (You can't hose it down though.) The back is amazingly roomy. There is a great selection of colors. If you have kids, the "suicide" doors are perfect for putting in car seats or having kids just climb right in. Overall, we love it.

I feel good in my Element
By RobSeb on 01/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I just heard from co-workers about the versatility of the interior, I was sold before I saw the vehicle. I've been looking for a car that would combine the fun driving of my '93 Miata with the cargo space of my '90 Trooper,... I think I've found it, now I can sell the other two. I carry musical instruments on the weekend and a black lab, I love the way the rear doors open when I carry 2 guitars and a bag. The leg room in the back is much much larger than average, the 2 guitars fit on the floor in front of the rear seats. I love it.

Sport Utility Van
By Rowzell on 01/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is with out a doubt the most practical vehicle I have ever owned. Add the great look and Hondas "Quality and Reliability" and the Element becomes the perfect vehicle for Gen. "Y" and anyone that does not need to haul a kid transport.

Best Car I ever have
By alh on 01/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Element EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Best value for the price.