Used 2003 Honda Element SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Honda Element SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Element model:

Honda Betrayal
By Disappointed George

2003 Honda Element SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased my Element in January 2003. Honda claimed that it would meet my most important criterion--safety. Safety was important because my 16 year old daughter would be driving it. No safety tests were available but I trusted Honda. That trust was misplaced. The Element did poorly in the side-impact tests. There is no excuse for any new SUV to not excel on side-impact tests. There is no excuse for a car company to tout the sefety of its pillarless design and then do poorly on the side-impact tests. There is no excuse for a father to purchase a car for his daughter before he knows for sure it is a safe car.

Should have a good resale value. I will be selling it soon. This is my third and last Honda.

Make it better able to handle side impact crashes. It did not even fare as well as the Jeep Wrangler--a vehicle that barely has doors.

I'm in my Element
By Teri arguelles

2003 Honda Element SUV EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car, it suits my life style very well. I can drive it to a Gala event or to the mountains and it fits in no matter what the outting calls for! My family loves the versatility of it and my little Pug loves all the windows. I can't even tell you how many people have stopped and ask me if they could look in it! They seem puzzle by it :-) If I was working for Honda's marketing department I could have made a few dollars! :-)

My favorite features are the extra room it offers, how drive friendly it is, the air conditioning is awesome! The radio just blows you away. And the simply fact that it is easy to clean up!

My Only disappointment: why did engineers leave out the following? * Keyless entry standard? * In dash 6 CD changer/player...with clock display while playing . And Step up rails (required for backseat access) & roofrack standard?

BOMB-DIGGITY!!!!!!
By Lizard

2003 Honda Element SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I've had my ELEMENT for six months now and I LOVE IT!!! It's been in several states (no small feat in California-- it's 6 hours to ANY other state) and seen the whole state! Everyone tells me how ugly my car is-- until they ride in it the first time and then they're like "it's so cool!!"

I love the bed/ fold down seats, especially with the sun roof right above my head while I'm sleeping. You can stare at the stars all night long. The other coolest feature are the suicide doors-- I can get my nephews in and out of their car seats faster than their mom!!

My only complaints about this car are its lack of aerodynamics, as in my car is known as the WALL of DEATH to all insects in my area, and the blind spot around the windsheild supports. It only affects you when you're on a narrow mountain road.

It's great!!!
By mom on the go

2003 Honda Element SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is the most perfect vehicle for me. I'm a mother of 2 very active boys ages 11 and 9, and also have 2 dogs. Between the sports and the dogs we're always on the go! It's easy to get in and out of, for both kids and dogs! And the best part there is no carpet!!!!! I can just sweep and whipe clean with a wet rag!!! It's better than a mini van!!!

No carpet!!! that the best for me, very easy to clean! I got the extra mats, I just take them out and clean with hose it really bad.

I would have to say a thermostat, I do miss that.

An Fun SUV for Soccer Dads
By Brian Shadow

2003 Honda Element SUV EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

A great vehicle. Has everything I was looking for in this size suv. Great for camping and light loads. The kids love the ride and space. I like the versatility and mpg. Overall, as a new owner I am very happy with this purchase.

leg, head room storage funtional design flexible interior design / tie downs etc rubber mat floor washable seats kids love "theater seating" mpg better than many in class 25+ wide opening when both doors open great for small kids - room for stuff

no trim to protect doors spare tire cover very flimsy (weak) side view mirrors fog easy (why?) a little loud inside-outside/road noise very hard to see back in reverse blind spot in back - no easy fix only four seats brouchures for twenty-somethings Market to soccer dads!