2003 Honda Element - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Element model:
New Element EX automatic 4wd
By sam25 on 02/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I had tried out the Nissan Extera and toyota Highlander prior to buying the Element. I am very pleased with the vehicle. Handles and steers very well. Easy and fun to drive. Love the practical and elegant simplicity of the interior. Very comfortable driver seat.

Neat Little SUV
By EllementDave on 02/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Element EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is a neat little SUV that gets 26 to the gallon and its 2.4 four has enough power to make it fun to drive. Slightly more small truck than car. Nice and roomy. The look takes a bit getting used to. Some say it looks like a Hummer on a diet. One guy asked me if the windows were bullet prove because it looks like a small Brinks Truck. It also reminds you of a Jeep. It is quite roomy yet quite small and if fact it is shorter than a Civic. The Ex has a great sterio with SubWoofer between the seats.

Hard to believe this cost me 20 G's
By Dirk Felowski on 02/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The honda element really surprised me, I go up to the mountain feeling safe because of its awesome handling. The power is right on the mark, the should increase it by a little. Over all, This is like a dream car. For 20 grand, you won't beleive how much of an off-road and everywhere car the element is. I give Honda my best regards.

Everything I need but I would have liked
By Buzzbomb on 01/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The Element is a great vehicle with everything I want but I would have liked..... a. the sunroof in the back to be electric sliding. b. the sunroof to be able to be popped out with bike attachment on. it does not. c. a fifth seat would be nice. i do not need it but i am sure some people do.

Element - Long Overdue
By OOX-MAN on 01/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I tried to choose other vehicles over the Element, due to the styling. But, as soon as I test-drove it....I overlooked the styling. I compared the Xterra, CR-V, Escape, 4-Runner, etc. You can't beat the value, safety, standard options, reliability, and security all in one SUV for this price.

Middle of the Road
By Fitz007 on 01/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Not really an SUV, nor a highway cruiser, the Element seems to work best in speeds between 20 and 50. Drives at highway speed (70) show the weaknessess of box-like areodynamics (wind can push you around). Definitely not an off- roader, the element still manages to do well on worn terrain. Base model equipped like a box (no standard AC, stereo, ABS. The fuel efficiency is somewhat low considering the 4 cyl engine....

2003 Honda Element EX 2WD
By Rob White on 01/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Element EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This vehicle is rock solid and absolutely fun to drive! Getting 25 + MPG during daily 150 mile commute and enjoying the "what is this?" stares. Without exception, everyone who rides in it and/or looks at it up close loves its utility and engineering. MANY nice touches-like remote entry system that will NOT let you lock yourself out because the only way to lock the drivers door is with the remote or the key from outside!

Honda Element
By Macker on 01/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Only have about 400 miles on the car so this may be premature but I have to say I'm very happy with the perfomance and handling at this early stage. Drove it 300 miles on a busy interstate in midatlantic winter. Lots of trucks and heavy crosswinds...no problems at 65+. Very comfortable..great sound system. Gets lots of attention-- what with the "unusual" styling. Somebody told me its looks like a "little Hummer". Advertized as a gen "Y" car, but this 55 year old likes it a lot!

wonderful ride
By juancito50 on 01/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

great car fun for a get away on the weekend on the mountains or to go ski . very easy to clean because th efloor can be clean with a water hose (there is no carpet)

Manual isn't for everyone
By gertgert on 01/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Element DX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I'm 5' and I constantly knock my knee on the steering column. It's the type of hit that jolts and stuns you for a second. I also think they need to make the passenger foot area taller. There isn't enough height to comfortably cross your feet on the passanger front unless you scoot the seat way back.