Used 2003 Honda Element Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Honda Element - Consumer Reviews

2003 Honda Element

View reviews for a specific Element model:

Fun with flair
By Sus

2003 Honda Element DX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Great utility vehicle with good ride and easy options for hauling. Retro dash is an eye catcher and the different look of the vehicle always attracts attention. People have aksed me if they could take pictures of my car. This is a fun car with a design flair and solid design.

Favorite Features

Flip up seat design with easy pull-out capacity for extra hauling space.

Suggested Improvements

Front passenger seat needs a flip down armrest for better passenger comfort.

Great Car for under $20K
By laizer

2003 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have the EX AWD 5 speed model. This is a very fun, high "utility" SUV. It accomplishes everything I need. It has plenty of room for cargo, gives me AWD when the bad weather comes, has kid friendly floors and seats, and is very affordable. This unique car fits my needs better than any other car on the road. The automatic is under-whelming, however the 5 speed makes a world of difference. This car is not as plush as my girlfriend's Lexus RX300, but then again the price is 1/2 that of the Lexus and these 2 cars are not really comparable to each other, but you really cannot find another car even close to the price range that will do what the Element does.

Favorite Features

"suicide" doors, cargo space, price, waterproof/kidproof/petproof seats and floor, fold flat back seats for the kids.

Suggested Improvements

It could use more power. I would also like to see an interface like other cars have in place of the stereo for a navigation system/climate control/etc. More stowage/12 volt outlets would be nice.

who let the dogs out
By crazygirl

2003 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I just got my Element and I love it. It is the best Suv I have ever had. It has a great sound system, comfrotable seats, passengers have plenty of room. It is charming in a funny way.. Its so ugly its cute.. I debated buying it for about 7 months and couldnt resist the urge. I'm glad I did, I couldnt be any happier. I love the fact that not too many people have them. Man! are they missing out... It is a joke in my family to call it the Dork mobile.. whatever to that. It is the best, and I love it,

Favorite Features

Stereo system, all the room, sunroof, gas mileage etc.. I have nothing negative to say about it...

Suggested Improvements

I really wish they would have had keyless entry. That should have been standard on a 4wd Ex.... I wish the sunroof was automatic and one in the front

Watch out for rocks
By eric777

2003 Honda Element EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

There is no front panel to gaurd the radiator. Watch out for rocks flying up. One went right throuh mine and insurance dosent cover road hazards. Could have been a freak accident, but I already noticed were more rocks have hit, just not gone through yet.

Suggested Improvements

Gaurd for radiator

My Orange Box!
By Andy H

2003 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I love this SUV, that is if you can classify it as such. It reminds me of a baby hummer, a London taxi, a 1950's milk truck all rolled into one fun ride. After looking at several other SUVs I came to the conclusion they all sort of looked the same in a ho-hum style. Element has its very own identity anbd is unlike any other on the market. I do not fall into the target market Honda is aiming for but still find its logical, funtional qualities very satisfactory. Has anyone else noticed that fellow Element owners wave and or toot the horn when eye contact is made on the road?

Favorite Features

Great creative styling. Great Honda handling and quality. Incredible open feel inside. I love how tall it is!

Suggested Improvements

Less grey plastic and a little more paint. How about a sunroof in the front as well? Interior tends to scratch easily, can we correct this? move the cruise control button to anywhere but where it is now.