2003 Honda Element - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Element model:
Its Simply Elemental !
By ELemental on 02/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Great SUV Went from BMW to this vehicle Peppy ,smooth, fun, solid , smooth on the highway. Gas mileage could be a bit better small gas tank Defn need cargo cover and holder

Too Expensive once you add what you want
By part on 02/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I looked at buying an Element, I drove a CRV, a Rav4, and an Element. At first glance the Element looks to be a bargin. Its layout is very flexible, the rear opening is what all SUVs should have, not those stupid side opening doors the CRV or Rav4 have. When you start adding the option you want the price climbs quickly. Considering that most people are paying over MSRP for a Element it is no longer a bargin. Remote locks are extra, you got to be kidding, an arm rest for the passenger non existant.

Honda AS Radical AS YOU CAN GET!!!!
By slaveofgovt on 02/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

If you want to turn people's heads, this vehicle will definitely do that!! When my vehicle is on the street, I have many eyeballs that stare at my car.. It is unbelievable that the attention this car gets. Excellent ride.. Roomy... I love the orange color on some of the Elements... It's different.. But different is good!!! I can't tell you how much I love the space on the interior....

Quirky Refund
By Sarah Greenwood on 02/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Great little teaser, but once you start living with it, it start to annoy and dissapoint. Tried to get a refund because of such poor expectation, but dealer was not one bit cooperative. Was even willing to trade for a CRV, but the trade in value was 20% lower than what I bought, which was needless to say, just above the retail price, plus the "dealer performace" packages. Oh well, I guess you live and learn. Get a CRV, if you like Hondas and SUV's, otherwise, good luck.

Bulldog Cute
By sir hectic on 02/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The Brand New Honda Elemsnt was the last car of a four car list for looks. Among the competition were Vibes, Liberties, Xterras, and Ravs. None of these cars had the versitility or the ride of the Element. My salesman encouraged me that the looks would grow on me. I waited a month before buying an new Silver Element EX 4WD. What a payoff! The 4WD was impressive when I took it in the snow. The interior fit and finish were heavey duty and industrial. IF you are even remotely thinking about this car, go for it! The worst thing that will happen is that people will stare.

great at first glance
By 2kids on 02/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Element EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I couldn't wait for this car to come out,Anything that quirky looking is a must have. Unfortunatly it doesn't live up to the most versital vehicle claim. 1.In order to open the back door the front must be open. not very convienient for grabbing something from the back seat or loading kids, 2. The back windows don't roll down, 3.The sun roof is over the cargo area, and 4. When the rear seats are folded up they cover the side windows.. not to mention 21 mpg( I had a 1977 honda wagon that got 36 mpg ). On the plus side ,there is tons of leg room and it is every bit Honda quality.

Whoo Hooo!
By suberbanpest on 02/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Yup! Pretty cool. This is what the underpowered plasticky PT Cruiser has been posing as all along. Horray for the HONDA transmisions.

Fun Car !
By shanman on 02/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Element EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Brought the EX with a bunch of add-ons last week after 6 weeks of research. Paid MSRP of $19900. Attracts a lot of attention were ever it goes. Deceptivly quite on the road- just a whisper of road noise- engine performs well on acceleration. My first tank of gas averaged 24.2 mpg on mostly highway driving--not bad considering it has the areodynamics of a box of crackers! Comfortable -high seating position, although I'm not a big fan of the seats- could use a bit more of thigh support. Overall, a fun car with an extremly verstile interior....Glad I got it!!

ELEMENT IS GREAT
By JERAME on 02/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I AM IN THE 18-25 AGE BRACKET THIS CAR IS TARGETED TO AND I LOVE IT. ITS FUN TO DRIVE, HANDLES WELL AND HAS A GREAT SOUND SYSTEM. ITS DEFINATELY IN A CLASS OF ITS OWN RIGHT NOW

Love It? Love It!
By Mike in KC on 02/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Element EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

It's either you really love it or you really hate it. It's design is a bit compared to other small SUV's in it's class, but overall the Element stands up to competition very well. The price of the Element came as a shock, I was expecting another $30,000.00 SUV, but this one barely reaches over $21,000, not bad! The prototype Honda orginally designed was named Type X. It had round headlamps, and side marker blinkers. After some tweaking of ideas, we have the current Element. Smart, Practical, and made for everyone.