Used 2003 Honda Element Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Honda Element - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Element model:

It doesn't seem sluggish
By Ragekit13

2003 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought the Element because I'm married now and have a dog and needed something more versatile and easy to clean on those weekend getaways or out camping. I gave up my 2002 WRX...it was hard, but someday...Sti? Anyway, I've read reviews on the automatic being sluggish and am confused. Sure 0- 60 time is o.k., but off the line it has plenty of torque. I would have had to rev my WRX up to 6000 RPM and drop the clutch to beat this thing off the line. It's been a very fun vehicle and I highly recommend it for anyone with an active lifestyle--old, or young.

The stereo is one of the best factory systems I've ever heard (with the subwoofer EX model). This thing will crank!

Offer some extra ammenities like compass, temp gauge, heated mirrors and seats. A front sunroof would also be nice while driving, the backs good while sleeping/camping.

2003 Honda Element
By Frank U

2003 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We have only had this one for about 5 months, but I can not say enough about the vehicle. We have bought about 10 cars in our lives, and this purchase was simple, and enjoyable. An absolute first for me. Quick, comfortable, and fun to drive, Honda has done itself proud.

The styling of this vehicle is tough for some to handle, but the features are all far above average. All the basic options one would need in a 5 star safety package, that is easy to maintain. Just way too cool.

Hey Honda!. How bout a passenger side arm rest. Perhaps a 6 cylinder version for a bit more towing ability and power for those performance junkies.

Love it!
By California Tony

2003 Honda Element EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Buy it, you won't regret it. My wife picked the car, I was a little skeptical, but was blown away after the test drive. We love everything about the car, the doors, the non carpeted plastic ( we have 2 dogs), and the rear seats (have a really tall friend over 6ft that was amazed by the leg room in the back).

Everything about this car rocks, but one of the biggest kickers is the tight turning radius. Try it. You can make a u-turn just about anywhere.

A V-6 for towing and just the added power. Drop the V6 Accord engine, but Honda probably already has this in the works.

first honda
By larry ve

2003 Honda Element EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

sold my 98 expodatition 4x4 was looking for something easier for my wife to get in & out of and better gas milage she drove the element & loved it. its easy in & out comfortable good handling great view of the road. be careful of dealer mark-ups & add-ons and don't pay msrp

looks inside & out good fit & finish silky smooth transmission easy to park gteat visiability

front doors don't have that good quality sound when closed sound like my old vw

Load It Up and Go!
By kjfitzia

2003 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This has been a great vehicle. We loaded it to the hilt with gear for vacation (suitcases, cooler, and children. the surfboard and kayak fit nicely on top) and took off cross- country. It handled everything we asked it to. The excellent sound system made traveling a pleasure. Initial quality was great - Only time it been back to the dealership was for an oil change (current mileage 6,500) It still turns heads as we use for around town errands.

MP3 Plug-In, Fold-Up Read Seats, Sound System, Tight Turning Radius, Interior Space

More power, it has sufficient, but I always want more.............