2003 Honda Element - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Element model:
Love my Milk Truck
By patent777 on 02/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have never paid full retail for a car before, but I did for this one. Too popular right now and dealers know it. It drives great and the stereo very good, I don't know why I'm reading other reviews about bad speakers? Sounds good to me. I didn't buy the Teflon sealant for the paint, still wondering if I should? Any advice?

My
By Sara98 on 02/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

When I first saw the Element I thought it looked like a mini Brinks armored truck. It drives like a car with smooth acceleration, a tight turning radius and lacks the tippy-feeling of most SUVs. The suicide doors make access to the child's car seat in the back easy except in tight parking stalls. It's got great head and leg room in the front, and the reclining seats in the back allow 6'4" people to ride comfortably. The stereo thumps, the rubber floors are easy to clean, and the rear privacy glass are all bonuses with the Element. I also like the fact that it's quite short (I have extra room in the garage). I love my Element.

Love it
By mmdaltx on 02/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Element EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

love the price and durable feel to the interior fabric and flooring.

In My Element, too
By micmoren on 02/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Just bought my Element on 2-7-03. Was at the dealer on 2-6-03 for routine maintenance on my civic. Saw the Element, my kids saw it and loved the suicide doors and reclining seats. Drove it the next day, was hooked. It is peppier than my civic, as easy to throw into curves, and tons roomier. Gas mileage not as good as civic but I can live with 23mpg (what I am averaging). This mini-cooper/Hummer is not just for X-games dudes. Honda should also market to parents like me who have active kids and need a kid- proof interior. My dealer was great to deal with as well.

Justgot1
By justgot1 on 02/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Just got the Element 4WD EX I love it but my only concern is the gas milege and the way you have to open the front door before you can open the side doors. Plenty of room defintley a conversation piece.

Big Box of Fun!
By InMyElement on 02/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

A great utilitarian design - functional and fun! The suicide doors take some getting used to, the driver's armrest could be improved and the gas mileage isn't what I'm used to getting from a Honda, but I love this vehicle!

Not Just for Young Folks!
By dahunt on 02/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Element EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Superior handling and roominess. I am a tall person who wanted an economical SUV. Love the looks, love the performance, but hope the gas mileage meets the window estimates. Covenient design and follows impeccable manufacturing standards Honda is notorious for.

In My Element
By In My Element on 02/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Element EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

So far it has done very well in the snow. I love the interior setup. I'm planing a trip in a few months and the space will be wonderful. I had a Civic Del Sol before, which I loved, but this is so much more usable. It even allows me to keep my motorcycle in the same stall with it. Its only 12 inches longer then my Del Sol. I get lots of looks and the most interesting comment is, "It looks like a Hummer." I never thought that before I bought it, but I can see some resemblance. Its so quiet compared to my Del Sol. Its a very comfortable vehicle with a great sound system too. I have found the acceleration to be just fine, even better then my Del Sol.

honda's H2?
By joe gun on 02/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

i've already put almost 1,000 miles in one week on my honda H2 ; that is what most people say to me it looks like a mini hummer. Comfort is excellent, fun to drive well a 10! Interior design kids think it's a playhouse and adults are wowed by the space. My trip took me from san francisco to pismo beach and i heard mostly good things from people as they mugged me in parking lots like i was j-lo! by the way most men loved it 4/5 while females where unsure 3/5. It satisfy that H2 hunger for less than half the price!

AWESOME CAR!!
By curty on 02/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

this car is amazing!