2003 Honda Element SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Element model:
It doesn't get better
By Paul Nerenberg on 12/06/06 05:58 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Element SUV DX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

With my very high mileage driving at mostly high speeds on all sorts of road conditions, I can truthfully say that the Element is the most pleasurable vehicle of the more than 20 I have owned. At close to 100,000 miles, I am not pleased that the struts must be replaced at extremely high cost. Other than that, I recommend this vehicle to family, friends, neighbors and strangers every chance I get.

I am in my Element
By Sue on 11/25/06 14:21 PM (PST)

2003 Honda Element SUV DX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought someone's deal gone bad so I got some toys I might not have added to the vehicle, but I am glad I have them now. It is fun to drive. The manual shift lever is very handy (short throw)- positioned like a sports car. I love being high off the road and everyone is AMAZED at the room inside it. I use it for moving around displays and large boxes in my business.

2003 Honda Element
By Bob Berry on 11/25/06 12:49 PM (PST)

2003 Honda Element SUV DX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Love My Element!!! I Knew Honda would Ultimately offer painted fenders. Mine were added in 2003!!

Love my Element!!
By Sarah on 11/25/06 05:55 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Element SUV EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I am 47 years old and have always seen cars as simply a way to get places. I have never actually "loved" a car before. I love my Element!! I love the outdoors and lugging my kayak around is never a problem for me now. The seats are so versatile: I moved my daughter to and from college 3 years running by removing the back seats and loading it up- and you know how much girls bring to college! It is easy to get my elderly parents (both are 81) in and out. It is fun to drive; I have the 5 speed and love the location of the stick. I had one of the first ones in my area and was stopped on the street many times to tell people about my car. It is easy to clean as no carpets! I love my Element!!!

Honda Element is a great family, fun car
By Dana on 09/26/06 07:53 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Element SUV DX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Love this vehicle and would buy another. With no carpeting, tons of space, and fold up seats, we can fit the kids and all their stuff, or appliances. Gas mileage is okay - around 21 in the city and I drive 100 miles a day. It's real comfortable on long trips, though I wish a passenger front armrest was standard. MP3 compatible, and outlets everywhere. And the best is no carpet to get smelly from wet or dirty shoes; just vacuum it out, and we're ready to go. Truly fun to drive, though the back seats sit up high and adults usually think it's weird; but I love it! Already looking to see what the new ones have, and might trade it in for another. Great family vehicle.

Happy Driving
By Larry on 09/15/06 15:40 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Element SUV DX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is an excellent multi-functional vehicle. It has rapidaly become our primary vehicle over our truck and sports car. The dogs love it (Mr. 40# & Ms. 80#) Excellent quality and flat out fun. Holds 4 adults with respective golf clubs and room for two more sets of clubs. The 80 plus mother's fit too! Great for easy clean up after camping, beach or other trips. We could go on but don't want to bore you.

Roomy
By David on 08/21/06 10:55 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Element SUV EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

It's roomy. It's tough. Most people can't believe the space available when the seats are folded up or removed. The armrest on the passenger seat should be standard. That would be a plus.

Driving in HD!
By Nicole on 08/19/06 18:49 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Element SUV EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

When I first took a test drive I immediatly fell in love. I was always afraid of driving suvs. I always drove compact vehicles but was tired of asking people to help me get and move stuff. Now with 2 large dogs, I had to bite the bullet and nothing seemed realistic to me, and I always thought the element looked cool. Umm, the turning radius on this is sick. No need to do a 3 point turn, just turn! It is like driving in high def, I feel like its a movie. Such a great car, no need to speed because you enjoy driving so much, and usually I hate being the one to drive but now I love it.

Strong Element
By Barton on 07/24/06 16:20 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Element SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I cannot say enough good things about Honda in general. With that said, they Element is a beast of a truck/car/suv, too much storage, extremely roomy interior, especially for tall people. I'm 6'5" and have tons of headroom and legspace! Runs flawlessy!

Dedtroit Look out
By H on 07/24/06 13:42 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Element SUV DX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I traded my GMC for the Element and wish I had never seen the GMC! The fit and finish is fantastic, the ride is wonderful and unlike my GMC Sonoma Crew Cab truck, I can turn around on a dime. Maybe now I will not need ball joints every 45,000