2003 Honda Element SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Element model:
Never loved a car before in my life!
By sarahkate on 03/02/12 13:48 PM (PST)

2003 Honda Element SUV DX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Cars were always simply a way to get places for me, until I bought my Element! I have 154000 miles on it. I have done basic maintenance; brakes, struts and only just did my exhaust. I do have the original clutch, tho! It does not look 9 years old, either. I only have 1 complaint and that is that Honda has stopped making it!!! I was looking forward to a second Element when I need to replace this one. I am hoping that by that time Honda will have reissued it. I love my Element so much that I convinced both my sisters to get one!

It doesn't get better
By Paul Nerenberg on 12/06/06 05:58 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Element SUV DX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

With my very high mileage driving at mostly high speeds on all sorts of road conditions, I can truthfully say that the Element is the most pleasurable vehicle of the more than 20 I have owned. At close to 100,000 miles, I am not pleased that the struts must be replaced at extremely high cost. Other than that, I recommend this vehicle to family, friends, neighbors and strangers every chance I get.

I am in my Element
By Sue on 11/25/06 14:21 PM (PST)

2003 Honda Element SUV DX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought someone's deal gone bad so I got some toys I might not have added to the vehicle, but I am glad I have them now. It is fun to drive. The manual shift lever is very handy (short throw)- positioned like a sports car. I love being high off the road and everyone is AMAZED at the room inside it. I use it for moving around displays and large boxes in my business.

Honda Element is a great family, fun car
By Dana on 09/26/06 07:53 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Element SUV DX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Love this vehicle and would buy another. With no carpeting, tons of space, and fold up seats, we can fit the kids and all their stuff, or appliances. Gas mileage is okay - around 21 in the city and I drive 100 miles a day. It's real comfortable on long trips, though I wish a passenger front armrest was standard. MP3 compatible, and outlets everywhere. And the best is no carpet to get smelly from wet or dirty shoes; just vacuum it out, and we're ready to go. Truly fun to drive, though the back seats sit up high and adults usually think it's weird; but I love it! Already looking to see what the new ones have, and might trade it in for another. Great family vehicle.

Ele is great!
By Hark12 on 10/27/05 12:40 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Element SUV DX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Element...It is wonderful for carrying my greyhound, luggage, bikes and husband all at the same time! I do wish that the rear windows rolled down- the dog misses sticking her head out of the window while we're driving. My only other qualm is the location of the moonroof- I paid for the car- I should be able to look up at the clouds!! I would highly recommend the element to anyone who wants a small SUV that gets good gas mileage and has plenty of room (we also carried our Christmas tree home in the Element last year- we stood it up and poked the top through the moonroof!)

Rock magnet
By MsShawnPhx on 03/29/05 21:11 PM (PST)

2003 Honda Element SUV DX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I had my element for almost 2 years. I got a lot of comments on how ugly the exterior design was, but it wasn't nearly as boxy as Land Rover, XB or even Hummer in my opinion. The classic min-woody quality is what drew me to it. I was able to fit my 450 lb 6'3" husband, as well as a 6'5" friend in the front as well as back seats. I am 5'3" and had no issues with my height in the vehicle. The large windshield will attrack every rock on the road. I did have to have the driver's seat replaced, due to some of the stitching coming apart, and the track bent.

The element the box the crv came in.
By doughboy on 08/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Element SUV DX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have had this (thing) the toaster as I call it for 5 months and let me tell you people point and stare so if you dont like the looks people give or the pointing forget it this suv's not for you.I had a CRV before this and I loved it but it just felt cramped and let me tell you thats not the case with this, someone could get lost in this thing if you aren't carefull!!! The comments total strangers give (good or bad) will break the ice anytime anywhere. So this is the Suv you either Love or love to Hate so get your while supplies last

ELEMENTARY
By vincesport on 02/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Element SUV DX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My 2003 Honda Element is the "Y" package model. I get about 22 miles to the Canadian(Imperial)gallon in the city. I am also disappointed that there is only one intermittent speed selection for the windshied wiper. The windshield washer is weak and aims too low to be effective while driving at speeds in excess of 30 mph. The ride is a bit rocky. The driver's arm rest is located much too low and is rendered pretty useless. The internal heaters and blowers are excellently impressive, provide plenty of heat at a very relatively quick response after starting in sub-zero weather of -30degrees. The Air conditioning is also very good (in the summer).

Lov'n It
By JCox on 01/12/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Element SUV DX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Don't own yet hopefully will purchase today,we i went to look at them i was interested in the 04 LX model, but they had a new 03 dx and they threw in the sterio, alloy rims, and ac for free and droped the price to 16,000 it was 18,000. They called it there package deal and it was offered on all DX models.

Elements are versatile
By New Honda on 12/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Honda Element SUV DX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The versatility of this "cruck" has been fabulous. Easy to convert it to haul large items and even the family dogs. Comfortable to travel in and use as a camp accessory. Easy to clean inside and out.