2003 Honda Element - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Element model:
This car feels like home now
By chasitye on 07/13/14 07:25 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Element DX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

When i first saw this car I thought it was the ugliest thing I had ever seen. Upon further driving and testing, it was PERFECT! The roominess has spoiled me. I can't even tell you how many times I've hauled things inside the car with the seats up and peoples jaws drop because they "had no idea". Countless times I have used the suicide doors to get the kids out and people come up to my car to check it out. It's a 2003!!! Don't act like you've never seen one. With two kids under 10 the rubber floors have been a Godsend! I can't tell you how many ice creams and food disasters have been avoided. Not to mention that after beach trips I just take my leaf blower and blow ALL the sand out of the car

Only for the Lonely/Adventurist Person
By kingkorvo on 05/07/12 20:21 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Element EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

When I purchased my Honda Element, I was enchanted with the uniqueness of the ride: it was a truck, SUV, and small car mixed altogether and it can get you where you want to go. It's a great ride for someone who doesn't have kids and likes the great versalitity of a crossover vechile. To Pros: 1) It's a Honda; its gonna retain value 2) Weather conditions/ off road- handles great 3) Plenty interior space; could live out of it 4) Crosscountry trips made easy The Cons: 1) It's only a 4 seater 2) Arm rest only for driver seat 3) A/C control of cabin is hard because of size 4) Anything on the floor rolls up to the front because of stadium seating 5) Gas mileage runs 19/22 One mancar!

Never loved a car before in my life!
By sarahkate on 03/02/12 13:48 PM (PST)

2003 Honda Element DX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Cars were always simply a way to get places for me, until I bought my Element! I have 154000 miles on it. I have done basic maintenance; brakes, struts and only just did my exhaust. I do have the original clutch, tho! It does not look 9 years old, either. I only have 1 complaint and that is that Honda has stopped making it!!! I was looking forward to a second Element when I need to replace this one. I am hoping that by that time Honda will have reissued it. I love my Element so much that I convinced both my sisters to get one!

great car
By atorreon on 04/01/11 13:33 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV w/Side Airbags (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

great utility car! this thing can do it all without any worries. not the geatest looking car but can fill any need. the element is honestly the best snow handling car i've ever driven

Utili-toaster
By jlawton on 10/19/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Element EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

At its heart, the Element is exactly what a small SUV should be- practical, reliable, and easy to drive. What sets the car apart is simply how over-the-top utilitarian it really is. The interior is nearly indestructible. The rubberized floors are easy to clean, the seats are waterproof, and the folding rear seats open up a cavernous cargo area that will easily accommodate mountain bikes with the wheels still attached. For a giant rolling box, it handles surprisingly well- though not a sports car, the car feels stable and relatively nimble on mountain roads. An excellent buy for dog owners, college students, or anybody with an active lifestyle.

In my Element
By In my Element on 08/15/10 12:21 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased the Element new in 2003. It was easily the ugliest vehicle I had ever seen, but after one test drive (on a dare) I bought it. Best car I've ever owned.

Hard worker
By Raye on 07/07/10 12:50 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Element EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My 2003 has 200100 miles on it. Still has the same rotors on the front, shock and struts, muffler system, and surprisingly the same spark plugs that have been checked frequently if they need replacement. Yeah, i have the frozen door lock syndrome and the drivers seat is ripped and uncomfortable, and noisy ride, but this little baby has been good to me. I will be replacing struts and brake pads etc. soon to be on the safe side. Best reliable vehicle I've ever owned.

One of the best cars (trucks?) ever!
By Ullanta on 07/06/10 02:49 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Element EX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Honda has a talent for making unique niche vehicles. The CRX, the del Sol, and now the Element have provided great combination of ability, quirkiness, and practicality that could not be matched. Even though there are many imitators today, none match the utility, configurability, comfort, and handling of the Element. I can roll (with a ramp!) a 5-foot long, 3-foot tall, almost four-foot wide cart right into the back of the Element. Or carry three passengers in style and comfort. Or sleep in the back comfortably. More headroom and legroom (in front AND back) than anything else I've been in. All kinds of nifty little storage areas. Handles much more nimbly and stably than seems possible.

Honda Element Love
By Honda No. 5 on 07/02/10 13:41 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Have always loved Honda cars. The element is a great vehicle for me whether it's getting to work on a snowy day, hauling home landscaping supplies or baby furniture, it's got the space and it's so easy to clean up. Which I also appreciate when my son make a mess in the back seat.

Lots of Maintanence Problems
By John Dunford on 06/01/10 09:10 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Element EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have only 64,000 miles on my Honda Element and I still enjoy its utility. However with this low mileage I have already had a blown clutch, a blown compressor for the AC, and a persistent problem with the door locks in that the keys do not work. I have been a faithful Honda owner for many years and have always had a manual transmission. I am a careful driver. To have over 5000 dollars in maintenance already with this low mileage is a serious test to my brand loyalty.