2014 Honda Crosstour Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Honda Crosstour - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Crosstour model:

One More Time
By like2bike

2014 Honda Crosstour EX-L w/Navigation 4dr Hatchback AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I had a 2010 Crosstour and now have a 2014 - the first time I have ever bought the same model twice. The comfort, quietness and practicality are compelling. Try as I might, I couldn't find another vehicle that fit my needs as well. The interior is upcale enough for clients and the backseat comfort and leg room are outstanding. Chicago winters demand all-wheel drive. I use the speaker phone a lot and the Active Sound Control provides a very quiet cabin. Unlike many SUVs, my bicycle can be stored in the back without the seat down, plus it's out of sight. Gear fits cleanly into the floor storage compartment. Good acceleration and over 30 mpg highway.

Favorite Features

The looks can be polarizing, but the Crosstour is the only car I have owned that caused random people to come up to me in a parking lot or gas station and tell me how good looking it is.

Suggested Improvements

The only negative - the turning radius is too big.

The Ultimate Accord
By tollytime

2014 Honda Crosstour EX-L w/Navigation 4dr Hatchback AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The Accord suffix was dropped after a slight re-design in 2013, but the genetic relation to Honda's best selling sedan remains strong. Fit, finish, and quality, are excellent! The Crosstour is more like a "Super Accord" that has a beefier structure and higher road clearance. The suspension was raised to mimic a small SUV, but don't get it confused with an off-road vehicle. I'm sure the raised height will aid in deep snow and muddy country roads, but don't try to drive over a hefty log blocking your path. The rear hatch compartment with fold down seats will allow you to transport larger items but less room for extra passengers. Rear cargo room with the seats up is good, but not remarkable.

Favorite Features

When equipped with the silky V6 and AWD, this car is the ultimate super sedan. You get all the benefits of a Honda Accord plus the ruggedness and capabilities of a small SUV. Descent handling and good acceleration make this car very enjoyable to drive. The chassis structure is very stiff and body roll is minimal. The 18" rims allow tires with taller sidewalls to soften the bumps. The supportive seats keep you snug in your place on tight turns. The rear camera is standard and it has 3 separate views to aid in precision backup maneuvers. An additional side camera give you a complete view of your blind spot on the right side and makes changing lanes a breeze.

Suggested Improvements

The Crosstour's styling is "different" and I'm being polite! Some people hate it and a few people love it, but most people aren't really sure what to say. Maybe they're just afraid to tell me the truth. I really have no idea why the Honda stylist couldn't come up with a shape that was more appealing. The larger body structure design adds a whopping 500 lbs and that hurts the fuel economy when compared to the regular sedan. The sloping rear hatch design limits rear and side visibility, that's why they give you free cameras. The radio lacks a tuning knob and the telematics (screen controls) take a very long time to master. Despite all the negatives, I love this vehicle and very happy with it.