Used 2013 Honda Crosstour Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 10 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Honda Crosstour Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

2013 Honda Crosstour Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Crosstour model:

Simply Awesome
By Angela

2013 Honda Crosstour Hatchback EX-L 4dr Hatchback AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I can't ever say with all of the cars that I've owned that I found and owned one that is chic, sporty, unique and as eclectic as this particular vehicle. It's a bit deceiving because you're actually driving an SUV but you really don't know that it's an SUV. I have so many people asking me, what kind of car is that! They're very surprised that it's a Honda. Many think it's a BMW. I love everything about this vehicle. Everything!

Love this car
By Cathy Terrill

2013 Honda Crosstour Hatchback EX 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Great car big enough to carry my dogs in and very comfortable. I got a V6 and love the power.

Fun to Drive / Decent Utility / Unique
By Gary Johnson

2013 Honda Crosstour Hatchback EX-L w/Navigation 4dr Hatchback AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I like hatchbacks and station wagons. There, I said it. My psychosis is put out there for all to revile. From my Dad's first 1960 Buick Invicta station wagon until today, hatchbacks and station wagons catch my eye.

The only view of this five door hatchback I find less than attractive is the rear end. The front is sporty and aggressive, the profile is sharp and very attractive. From behind it looks like some weird little Euro-poofer. But, it's a fast and sporty car with utility in the hatchback. It's not fancy and it's not "luxurious". Sporty is what it's all about. I have the 3.5 liter 6 with 4WD (not AWD, actual 4WD) and all the tech, including a right-side-mirror lane monitoring camera (I LOVE THAT). The only complaint, and really, it is the only complaint, is the driver's seat (so therefore, presumably all of the seats) is hard. But it's that sporty kind of hard for taking fast, sharp curves, etc. It's well designed, built, and bolstered but it ain't a plush Buick chair. Mostly, I am okay with that. It has 278HP and accelerates faster than my 2003 Audi A4. It's as much fun to drive as the Audi and it can carry a heck of a lot more stuff home from Home Depot! On the highway, the Cylinder Management kicks in and goes from 6 cylinders to 3 and gets 28mpg for long cruises.

I can use the cargo space for many large things. For 8 out of 10 utility things, it works fine. I've had almost 500 lbs of gardening supplies (e.g., huge bags of soil, fertilizer, umpteen stepping stones, small landscaping timbers, etc. A LOT OF STUFF, to the ceiling and from the hatch to driver's set back) in the back end at one time with no problem and it didn't seem to impact the handling.

It's a Honda Accord, in essence, so you know it's reliable as heck. I've had it three years and haven't had one second of problems.

Many think it's funny looking but let me tell you, it's funny looking all the way to the bank (and quickly).

The Hump Back Honda Delivers
By Kent Stannard

I knew the vehicle I wanted when I walked into the dealership and the dealership in its own right is a whole different ball of wax nor do I wish to elaborate. The Crosstour has better handling than I expected from other reviewers though not as good as the 2011 accord which I also own. Four wheel drive I learned by the way does not mean you can go over 60 on ice and snow and not expect to spin out. The car did manage to right itself again when in a 200 yard skid over ice and snow as I realized the safe alternative would have been to travel at like 40 give or take in the first place. I didn't hit anyone or anything fortunately as the thoughts were going through my head, "please not the mail box, and I don't see anyone in front or behind me!" I have had it off road and it can get frustrating in thicker mud as it seems to clump and traction seems a little less (with no dents or scratches). It seems to have good cargo space as I am able to fit my string bass in the back and the seats all to easily come down. I also like the cabin as it reminds me of my old 1979 toyota celica supra with a lot more comfort. The ride is very good with little or no distortion over bumps or rough road. As with any car I recommend Sea Foam gas and oil treatment every 3 - 6 months.

The Crosstour
By jetn1

2013 Honda Crosstour Hatchback EX-L 4dr Hatchback AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

It took me awhile to wrap my head around the fact that Honda is putting out a better product than Audi & BMW. Honda seems to have overbuilt the Crosstour to ensure it would attract the attention that it is getting. No flaws.