Used 2013 Honda Crosstour Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Honda Crosstour - Consumer Reviews

2013 Honda Crosstour Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Crosstour model:

The Crosstour
By jetn1

2013 Honda Crosstour Hatchback EX-L 4dr Hatchback AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

It took me awhile to wrap my head around the fact that Honda is putting out a better product than Audi & BMW. Honda seems to have overbuilt the Crosstour to ensure it would attract the attention that it is getting. No flaws.

Favorite Features

Cameras, seats and storage room!

Suggested Improvements

Left mirror camera like the right side mirror camera.

Surprising Choice!
By hrdrive

2013 Honda Crosstour Hatchback EX-L 4dr Hatchback AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My husband and I wanted to upgrade to a larger, safer, 4-door vehicle. We looked at smaller SUVs and station wagons. In fact, we almost bought the Subaru Outback 3.6R, however the gas mileage was not impressive at all. Our FJ Cruiser gets better gas mileage than that. And the quality was...ok. We happened to pass by a Honda dealership and seen the Crosstour out front. I had to test it out and to my surprise, it was everything we wanted and more. What a comfortably smooth ride! I have been averaging 23-27 mpg, depending on traffic. The interior is incredibly comfortable and the looks of Crosstour is very sleek. I feel like I am driving a very expensive, luxury car.

Favorite Features

Smooth ride, comfortable interior, sleek look, hatchback, AWD, & V6 that supplies plenty of power. Plenty of leg room for everyone too.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage could be better, but then again...this car is no hybrid! Turning radius is wider than I am use to, but that is because of the long wheel base that makes the drive all the more comfortable.

Great Car, Great Price
By jjcaddy

2013 Honda Crosstour Hatchback EX 4dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

How could a guy who's used to Cadillacs and Corvettes end up with a Honda Crosstour? Believe me, I've heard this more than once from friends and Family. I'm actually a little surprised myself. But the plain truth is this... Cadillacs just aren't Cadillacs anymore and Corvettes are priced higher than my first house... And I'm not THAT old. I went looking for a new car for <$30K. What I found, after going from dealer to dealer, was this... They all looked alike... Ford, Chevy, Toyota... It didn't matter... They all ran together in my head like a myriad of counting sheep. Then it happened... Driving north on I-75 one Saturday afternoon... I'm clipping along at a speed slightly higher than the

Favorite Features

...local County Mounty would have let go.... Coming quickly closer in my rear view was what I knew had to be an expensive European sports car. As it whizzed by, I was stunned to see the "H" on the rear. A Honda, I thought? No way. Well, I'm a former employee of the Toyota Manufacturing Plant and even though I've never been Brand-Loyal, I have stayed away from their direct competition... Until now. I spent the rest of the weekend researching the Crosstour, loved what I saw and showed up Monday morning at a Honda Dealer nearby who, from conducting an inventory search the night before, had the exact Crosstour I wanted. By noon, it was mine. And I've never been happier with a car.... NEVER!!!

Suggested Improvements

Honda did a wonderful job packing everything I wanted in a car in a stylish package, made it very affordable, very economical, and, most importantly... It doesn't look like anything else out there!!! Great Job, Honda!!!!

Love My Honda Crosstour
By pnpretired

2013 Honda Crosstour Hatchback EX-L w/Navigation 4dr Hatchback AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I decided to downsize after driving SUV's for many years. The hatchback makes for an easier transition. I owned a Honda Accord Coupe many years ago, but did not like the new style. I am so glad I found the Crosstour. This car looks great, sporty but still a four door. I am shocked at the reviews criticizing the look. I looked at the Lexus and the Infiniti, but didn't really want to purchase high octane fuel. I don't drive my personal vehicle to work. It's so fun to drive, I can't wait for the weekend so I can get in my Crosstour and go! I love that there are not very many of them on the road right now. I absolutely love this car.

Favorite Features

Love the hatchback, but do wish Honda had made the lift automatic. The sound system is awesome. I love the Bluetooth for my Iphone. The interior of the car is beautiful and comfortable, more front room than the Camry. The back is somewhat small for our large size guy friends, but they don't often ride with us anyway. The only thing I have had a problem with is syncing the garage door opener. Hopefully my husband can figure that out.

Suggested Improvements

As mentioned previously, the only improvement would be an automatic lift on the hatchback.

Severe Floor Board Shake - hesitation
By lneil06

2013 Honda Crosstour Hatchback EX-L 4dr Hatchback AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is our second V6 AWD crosstour. We have a severe floor board shake at 22mph- 30mph. If you in stop and go traffic - the car will even hesitate along with shaking the floorboards and gas pedal. This is a major design flaw and it's much worse in normal drive then in S drive - using the paddle shifters. The car also shakes real hard at 70-78mph on the highway as - tires are balanced This is a Engine and or Transmission design flaw. Had it in our 2010 and now worse in our 2013 - The put the VCM in the Acura RDX and people are complaining about the same problem. I'm just waiting for something to break loose under the hood and cause a accident. HONDA FIX YOUR MAJOR DESIGN FLAW

Favorite Features

There is a lot of seat space front and back. Still not happy with the major Engine/Transmission design flaw

Suggested Improvements

Fix your flawed VCM (Variable Cylinder Management) engine design, and transmission problems. And now see that you brought the VCM to Acura and now Acura people are complaining. Honda needs to get back to what they used to do well. Make cars reliable with solid designs and engineering. They really need to start taking care of the customers and are failing by continuing with a severe engineering disaster.