Used 2012 Honda Crosstour EX-L Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Honda Crosstour - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Crosstour model:

Honda Crosstour - It is not an SUV - it is a versatile mid size hatchback sedan
By mwatsky

2012 Honda Crosstour EX-L 4dr Hatchback AWD w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The typical auto industry reviews I have read of the Crosstour simply do not get it. It does not fit neatly into their ideas of a sedan, so they lump it in with SUVs and wagons, and the say it is lacking because it has less cargo capacity than square SUV designs. I spent 22 yrs driving mini-vans and full size SUVs. My kids are grown, and I could shop for what I wanted. I did NOT want the SUV, or just a smaller version of it (CR-V; RAV-4; Mazda 7 or 9; Ford Edge, etc etc.) I wanted a capable, comfortable, sporty, sharp looking mid size sedan but with the versatility of a hatch back so that when needed, I could open it up, flip down the seat backs and have the space. I got it!

Comfortable seats, especially the drivers seat and controls; very spacious rear seats; hatchback; sleek styling; handling;

View our the rear (rear view camera, which I have , is an absolute must)

Comfortable Ride
By salesbob

2012 Honda Crosstour EX-L 4dr Hatchback AWD w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I traded my 2010 Accord EXL w/Navi with 80K miles for new 2012 Crosstour. I drive 30K a year. After 3 neck surgeries, I found I needed to sit a bit higher for comfort. I am 5"10. I tried the seats of various SUVs, vans, cars, etc. I sat in the CT and it was perfect. Right height and comfort. I already have 3K miles in 3 weeks. Mileage estimates were right on. I get 27-28 mph with the V-6 on the hwy, 22-23 mixed driving. Car has a unique style. I don't mind. Rear view camera and auto reverse mirrors are a nice plus. I purchased the cargo organizer for the hatch area. The car handles well but not as precise as the Accord. Navi is like previous Accord--easy to use.

Rearview camera, cargo area/tray underneath the hatch floor, driver's seat, height of vehicle, AWD, and ease of getting in and out.

The CT was just a bit pricey. Reduced pricing due to the introduction of 2013 model made it a good value. The build quality is good but the materials (carpeting for one) seemed less impressive than my Accord. However, I would recommend.