Used 2012 Honda Crosstour Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Honda Crosstour - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Crosstour model:

Great vehicle
By dswanson30

2012 Honda Crosstour EX-L 4dr Hatchback AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Wonderful vehicle. I'm a month into ownership and absolutely love this car. The build quality is spectacular, its super smooth on the highway and it excels at everything I throw at it. I drive 60+ miles a day over a mountain pass and appreciate this car every day! Its pretty decent in snow with the stock tires (snow tires coming soon). Great space for my family of 4!

Favorite Features

engine power, build quality and interior feel

Suggested Improvements

Only suggested changes would be an improved bluetooth system (ford sync anyone?), larger gas tank and potentially a sport shift system.

Honda Crosstour - It is not an SUV - it is a versatile mid size hatchback sedan
By mwatsky

2012 Honda Crosstour EX-L 4dr Hatchback AWD w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The typical auto industry reviews I have read of the Crosstour simply do not get it. It does not fit neatly into their ideas of a sedan, so they lump it in with SUVs and wagons, and the say it is lacking because it has less cargo capacity than square SUV designs. I spent 22 yrs driving mini-vans and full size SUVs. My kids are grown, and I could shop for what I wanted. I did NOT want the SUV, or just a smaller version of it (CR-V; RAV-4; Mazda 7 or 9; Ford Edge, etc etc.) I wanted a capable, comfortable, sporty, sharp looking mid size sedan but with the versatility of a hatch back so that when needed, I could open it up, flip down the seat backs and have the space. I got it!

Favorite Features

Comfortable seats, especially the drivers seat and controls; very spacious rear seats; hatchback; sleek styling; handling;

Suggested Improvements

View our the rear (rear view camera, which I have , is an absolute must)

Comfortable Car
By sco1

2012 Honda Crosstour EX-L 4dr Hatchback AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The hatchback is perfect since I used to have a Volvo XC wagon and wanted a cargo area. I leased the car instead of bought because I had reservations about the back window. I am thankful for the rear backup camera, which is VERY helpful in the dark. However, on the highway, in the dark, it is hard to see out the back window. My son pointed out to me that while he was driving it, he liked that the headlights of vehicles behind him were NOT in his eyes, due to the break in the window line. After considering this, I use my side view mirrors more at night on the highway. I am considering buying out my lease. Gas mileage is decent, though not as great as posted, 22 most.

Favorite Features

hatchback, handling, comfort.

Suggested Improvements

back window should have less of an angle.

Comfortable Ride
By salesbob

2012 Honda Crosstour EX-L 4dr Hatchback AWD w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I traded my 2010 Accord EXL w/Navi with 80K miles for new 2012 Crosstour. I drive 30K a year. After 3 neck surgeries, I found I needed to sit a bit higher for comfort. I am 5"10. I tried the seats of various SUVs, vans, cars, etc. I sat in the CT and it was perfect. Right height and comfort. I already have 3K miles in 3 weeks. Mileage estimates were right on. I get 27-28 mph with the V-6 on the hwy, 22-23 mixed driving. Car has a unique style. I don't mind. Rear view camera and auto reverse mirrors are a nice plus. I purchased the cargo organizer for the hatch area. The car handles well but not as precise as the Accord. Navi is like previous Accord--easy to use.

Favorite Features

Rearview camera, cargo area/tray underneath the hatch floor, driver's seat, height of vehicle, AWD, and ease of getting in and out.

Suggested Improvements

The CT was just a bit pricey. Reduced pricing due to the introduction of 2013 model made it a good value. The build quality is good but the materials (carpeting for one) seemed less impressive than my Accord. However, I would recommend.

Comfortable Drive
By connie57

2012 Honda Crosstour EX-L 4dr Hatchback AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have been driving my 6-cyl 2012 Crosstour for three weeks now. I shopped for over a year for a new vehicle. Leaving a SUV, I had mixed feelings to go down to a lower height vehicle. The mid range height of the Crosstour was the main attraction for my purchase. I have no problem getting in, or out of the vehicle. The heated seats feel great of my lower back also. I agree with other reviews on the sound system, roominess, and quietness: Excellent. My husband said it was tight. One thing I notice on two lane roads... when i wish to pass around other vehicles, I just go. No hesitation. I feel confidence in this car.

Favorite Features

mid range height, heated seats

Suggested Improvements

One thing I don't like is the automatic scan down of the drivers rear-view mirrow when put into reverse. I cannot find how to turn off the feature, so i'll need to adjust to it.