2012 Honda Crosstour - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Crosstour model:
Honda Crosstour - It is not an SUV - it is a versatile mid size hatchback sedan
By mwatsky on 03/16/13 11:13 AM (PDT)

2012 Honda Crosstour EX-L 4dr Hatchback AWD w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The typical auto industry reviews I have read of the Crosstour simply do not get it. It does not fit neatly into their ideas of a sedan, so they lump it in with SUVs and wagons, and the say it is lacking because it has less cargo capacity than square SUV designs. I spent 22 yrs driving mini-vans and full size SUVs. My kids are grown, and I could shop for what I wanted. I did NOT want the SUV, or just a smaller version of it (CR-V; RAV-4; Mazda 7 or 9; Ford Edge, etc etc.) I wanted a capable, comfortable, sporty, sharp looking mid size sedan but with the versatility of a hatch back so that when needed, I could open it up, flip down the seat backs and have the space. I got it!

Comfortable Car
By sco1 on 02/12/13 08:36 AM (PST)

2012 Honda Crosstour EX-L 4dr Hatchback AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The hatchback is perfect since I used to have a Volvo XC wagon and wanted a cargo area. I leased the car instead of bought because I had reservations about the back window. I am thankful for the rear backup camera, which is VERY helpful in the dark. However, on the highway, in the dark, it is hard to see out the back window. My son pointed out to me that while he was driving it, he liked that the headlights of vehicles behind him were NOT in his eyes, due to the break in the window line. After considering this, I use my side view mirrors more at night on the highway. I am considering buying out my lease. Gas mileage is decent, though not as great as posted, 22 most.

Comfortable Ride
By salesbob on 12/03/12 16:48 PM (PST)

2012 Honda Crosstour EX-L 4dr Hatchback AWD w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I traded my 2010 Accord EXL w/Navi with 80K miles for new 2012 Crosstour. I drive 30K a year. After 3 neck surgeries, I found I needed to sit a bit higher for comfort. I am 5"10. I tried the seats of various SUVs, vans, cars, etc. I sat in the CT and it was perfect. Right height and comfort. I already have 3K miles in 3 weeks. Mileage estimates were right on. I get 27-28 mph with the V-6 on the hwy, 22-23 mixed driving. Car has a unique style. I don't mind. Rear view camera and auto reverse mirrors are a nice plus. I purchased the cargo organizer for the hatch area. The car handles well but not as precise as the Accord. Navi is like previous Accord--easy to use.

Comfortable Drive
By connie57 on 11/25/12 07:48 AM (PST)

2012 Honda Crosstour EX-L 4dr Hatchback AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have been driving my 6-cyl 2012 Crosstour for three weeks now. I shopped for over a year for a new vehicle. Leaving a SUV, I had mixed feelings to go down to a lower height vehicle. The mid range height of the Crosstour was the main attraction for my purchase. I have no problem getting in, or out of the vehicle. The heated seats feel great of my lower back also. I agree with other reviews on the sound system, roominess, and quietness: Excellent. My husband said it was tight. One thing I notice on two lane roads... when i wish to pass around other vehicles, I just go. No hesitation. I feel confidence in this car.

Needed a change!
By obrinlee on 11/19/12 18:25 PM (PST)

2012 Honda Crosstour EX-L 4dr Hatchback w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Just recently this month traded a 2009 Honda Pilot in for a 2011 Cross-tour! I love this car, no regrets of downsizing. I notice either people love this car or want nothing to do with it. I found the car offered a lot. The pilot was just a little to big for me and I missed the car feel. the crosstour drives very nice and has a lot of upgrades in it. I bought a V-6 and the car has power. The rear window does take some getting use to but the back up camera helps a lot with that! I find the car to accommodate my needs very nicely and when I have talked to people randomly of how they like the car, they all have said they LOVE it!

Titanic with yacht engine
By byronebarnes on 10/24/12 22:04 PM (PDT)

2012 Honda Crosstour EX 4dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bought this car back in July of 2012. Rides like a 5-series BMW, tight, strong, very smooth. Traction control on car is EXCELLENT. Idiot hit me in rear end very hard, few scrapes on back bumper, very strong car. Great on gas too, the only jab is the power in this car sucks. But if I wanted that, I would have bought a porsche, not a Honda. Even so, it would be nice to have at least 70 more hp in this 4 cycl. For sure when my lease is up, I'm getting the 6 cycl. Great car though, 4 REAL size people can sit in this car, and I mean 6'2" 200 lbs dudes and leave plenty of head and leg room. Cudos to Honda on this car, but please, MORE POWER in 2014.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Honda Crosstour in VA is:

$141 per month*