Great little car!
By mom2tigger on
2013 Honda CR-Z EX 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6M)
My son needed a new car. After test driving the Ford Fiesta and checking out the Veloster and Civic SI, he decided on a cr-z and we are happy he did. The car gets very good gas mileage for around town (average 34.1 with a/c running most of the time and usually in normal mode). You can't go by the EPA mileage rates because that doesn't take into consideration the option to drive in Econ mode to increase fuel efficiency. Look up what actual drivers are posting for what they are getting and you will be surprised. We have the 2014 ex with the lithium ion batteries. Car has plenty of pep in normal mode and is really fun to drive so I don't know what the reviewer is comparing it to.
Favorite Features
Sport mode is addictive but you lose some of the fuel efficiency. I have driven manual for 42 years and this car has the smoothest shifting of any car I have driven. My son test drove the Ford Fiesta stick and was not impressed with it at all but really likes this one. The dashboard is impressive and easy to operate. The backup camera is great. Don't know why the reviewer said it is only available on the EX with navigation. Our regular EX came with it. Nice cargo space. Don't understand the reviewers comments about no back seat. If you want a 4 or 5 seat car then that is what you should look at. If you want a 2 seater then this is a great little car! Love borrowing this car for errands
Suggested Improvements
Rear visibility takes a little getting use to so you need to use the side mirrors. I usually position the passenger seat so I have a good view out of the rear side window. Wish the passenger seat had the ability to raise it like the driver's seat. I am short so have no problem in the driver's seat but the passenger seat is a bit low for me.