2013 Honda CR-Z Consumer Review: An awesome blend--

2013 Honda CR-Z - Consumer Review

Base 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic)

An awesome blend--
By 20gauge on

2013 Honda CR-Z 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I had a 2006 Mini. Same MPG as my CRZ but used premium. The CRZ has proven to be more practical for stuff than the Mini was for me. Traded the Mini in 18 months on an Prius. 50 MPG--but--BORING !! No driver connection at all. Makes the CRZ feel like an Elise! My CRZ is base with a CVT-- BUT paddle shifters and sport mode and this buggy can zoom down a twisty country road with great aplomb and put a smile on an road course instructors face too. I have been getting 38-42 MPG per tank as well. I've tested the Fiesta, Focus and some Asian itty-bittys. The CRZ is much sportier as a momentum car, not a point and squirt car like most car magazine reviewers want. I just wish it was RWD.

MPG, solid-no glass in roof, sports car feel, attractive

Rear visibility. I know there is a camera now, but if I can't have it on when I want to change lanes, I need more ! The seatback latch for access to the rear area needs to be up on top of the seat. What was they thinking ? The seat itself should slide forward as well when you move the back forward. I would like to be able to see the odometer all the time. Make it so we can lower the drivers seat more. Make the rear windows operable vents. All windows one touch close. Ventilated/AC seat option.