2013 Honda CR-Z Consumer Review: An awesome blend--

2013 Honda CR-Z - Consumer Review

2013 Honda CR-Z

Base 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic)

An awesome blend--
By 20gauge on

2013 Honda CR-Z 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I had a 2006 Mini. Same MPG as my CRZ but used premium. The CRZ has proven to be more practical for stuff than the Mini was for me.
Traded the Mini in 18 months on an Prius. 50 MPG--but--BORING !! No driver connection at all. Makes the CRZ feel like an Elise!
My CRZ is base with a CVT-- BUT paddle shifters and sport mode and this buggy can zoom down a twisty country road with great aplomb and put a smile on an road course instructors face too.
I have been getting 38-42 MPG per tank as well.
I've tested the Fiesta, Focus and some Asian itty-bittys. The CRZ is much sportier as a momentum car, not a point and squirt car like most car magazine reviewers want. I just wish it was RWD.

updated 3/12/16--
I traded the CRZ in. It had 73,000 miles on it and was still doing all the things as I first reviewed.
However--It was getting loud. A sign to me it was showing wear.
The exhaust, engine, road noise, suspension and rattles.
It was still getting near 40 mpg combined --even on winter gas.
One of its biggest downfalls-- nobody wanted to work on it but the dealer.
I had a battery issue that left it unwilling to start. My preferred neighborhood repair shop (which works on everything from Chevies to Lamboghinis) said they weren't equipped to deal with hybrids beyond inspection and oil changes. However, AAA gave it a jump the first time and all was well--for 2 weeks. Second time the jump didn't work--nothing. I had it towed to the dealer. Nearly a week later they called to say it was ready. Now in their defense, the car was dropped on them out of the blue on a Friday morning, so they had to find a window to check on it. The repair order did not indicate what (if anything) was repaired. They said they did not replace the battery and it did look like the same battery. However, it did work for the weeks I drove it before being stashed for the winter.
But, since Honda decided to drop the model--So did I.
I traded it on a 2008 BMW 128i convertible with 89,000 miles.
Except for the rattles that I suspect come with a convertible, everything about it is quieter.---
And it Is RWD !

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review