Fun and fuel efficient car
By kingme8 on
2013 Honda CR-Z 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
The CRZ is a rare mix of Hybrid MPG and sport mode. The 3 mode driving system is really convenient. You can switch between the modes at any time during your drive. The 2013 comes with a more powerful lithium ion battery this year, as well as S+ button for a 5 second burst of speed, and a back up camera. Some of the negatives: -Rear window visibility(backup camera helps) -No armrest in the center(Although you can buy a slide in accessory) -No locking gas flap Overall, I really love this car. When you sit in the cockpit, the blue panel looks really futuristic. Even though I'm getting better MPG, I think I'm spending more on gas because I want to find reasons to drive it.
Favorite Features
-Futuristic control panel -3-mode driving system -Fuel efficiency -Sporty looks -Responsive handling
Suggested Improvements
-Rear visibility -No center Armrest -Bad placement of cup holders, not convenient to reach. -No locking gas flap -A/C shuts down when at stops
By davetrekster
on 04/11/13 10:44 AM (PDT)

Hello Kingme8, Im seriously considering buying a CR-Z. Is there any way around the A/C shutting down at stops? I live in Texas and summer here are brutal. I've read if you have it in sport mode the A/C does not shut off at stops ( thats when it is hot outside).

By karr3
on 05/26/13 13:29 PM (PDT)

I notice in my CRZ that the engine does not shut down at every stop. I'm not sure why, but I speculate that it has to do with the AC running.

By karr3
on 05/26/13 13:31 PM (PDT)

Just to add... the car auto stops in all modes, including sport.