I love my 2013 Purple CR-Z
By prpldawn on
2013 Honda CR-Z 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
I have only had my CR-Z for two months, but I love it. I owned a 1985 CRX-SI, and the CR-Z is the flower child of the CRX with current tech functionality. When looking for a new vehicle, my main requirement was it had to be PURPLE, and the Passion Berry Pearl is a beautiful deep/dark purple. The continuously variable transmission is an adjustment, since I always drove a manual transmission, but I enjoy not having to use a clutch. I am still waiting to get the mileage mentioned on the Honda website, but most of my driving so far has been city driving, with lots of hills and stop and go. Still, I am averaging 30 mpg. I look forward to my first road trip to test the fuel efficiency.
Favorite Features
Rearview camera display on rearview mirror. Blue backlit gauges - when starting the car it reminds me of what I imagine a spaceship cockpit looks like. I love the little shark fin antenna. The bluetooth is very convenient, just tell the bluetooth lady who you want to call. The stereo with RDS and CD player is awesome. Having the controls also on the steering wheel is very convenient. I love the multi-info display. I find the three driving modes to be interesting, and in the Sport mode, the paddle shifters on the steering wheel are fun to use. I love the futuristic, sleek exterior design. It looks like it should get a speeding ticket even when parked.
Suggested Improvements
Adjustable height seatbelts. At 5' 4" the seatbelt cuts across my neck, it is annoying. Rear hatchback visibility is a huge blind spot, needs to be redesigned. When in reverse, the back up camera is an absolute necessity. A sunroof would be a nice option.
By mom2tigger
on 02/24/14 18:38 PM (PST)

Have you tried raising the driver's seat? I am 5'5" and with the seat raised I have no problem with the seatbelt. My son is 6'1" and leaves the seat at a much lower setting. I agree, a sunroof would be nice but with the curve to the roof I would imagine it could only be a pop up one.