I love getting in my car each morning!
By kristen21 on
2012 Honda CR-Z EX 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6M)
I love this car! I bought it because I wanted a fuel efficient car that was also fun to drive. This car is definitely fun to drive and I love getting into it each morning. I've owned my CR-z for about 6 months now. This car is really comfortable-- I love that the seats hug you. I also like all the bells and whistles like blue tooth phone connection, radio adjustment from the steering wheel, and a USB port to hook up my ipod. I had to rent a Chevy Malibu and every time I got in the car I missed my CR-z. I hated the way the Malibu handled and I didn't like its responsiveness. I love this car and would definitely recommend it.
Favorite Features
I really like the manual transmission as well as the different driving modes. This is the only hybrid I know of with a manual transmission. I usually drive in the eco mode unless I'm having a really bad or a really good day-- then I switch it up to sport which is super fun. I was worried about the size of the car at first, but actually the back of the car is really big. I can fit my bike in my car if I take off the front wheel of my bike.
Suggested Improvements
The hatchback is really tough to see out of. The frame is really bulky making backing up challenging. The fuel efficiency isn't what I hoped. I thought I'd be able to get around 40+ mpg, but it's ended up being 39 in the summer and 36 in the fall. I keep the car in eco mode the vast majority of the time as well as I drive really conservatively to save gas. I can get around 43 mpg when I'm driving on the highway only, but in the city its closer to 34 or 36. I accidentally left my headlights on for about 30 minutes and my battery went dead. Once I jumped it I was able to charge the battery up again, but I feel like it doesn't last as long as a traditional battery.