2012 Honda CR-Z 1.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid 6-speed Manual w/Nav Consumer Review - Fun to Drive and Economical.

2012 Honda CR-Z Hatchback - Consumer Review

2012 Honda CR-Z EX 2dr Hatchback w/Nav (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6M)

Fun to Drive and Economical.
By lw3 on

2012 Honda CR-Z EX 2dr Hatchback w/Nav (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6M)

I'm not a typical Hybrid buyer and this wasn't a car I was even considering until I saw it on the showroom floor. I took a test drive almost on a lark. But then a funny thing happened, I fell in love with this car. It feels like a sports car, and yet it get's great gas mileage and looks great. The design team looked at Mini's, VW Scirocco's and Lotus. I would say they relied on the Lotus most of all. Yes , there's no back seat, but have you ever sat in a Mini backseat or a VW? I actually feel the cargo room is a better way to go.

Favorite Features

The three drive mode's are great: Sport tightens everything up and get's the revs up. Normal is, well normal and the Economy mode dials everything back and let's you feel good about owning a hybrid. One of the things I have always felt Honda lacked was good interior styling, but the CR-Z looks great both inside and out.

Suggested Improvements

Not much considering this car stickers for $23,685. I might have liked push to start but honestly that's it.